izip trike

mary bain

Dirt Disciple
friend was selling his electric trike, but had no time. so I sold it for him (FULLY WORKING ON THE SALE) but now the woman says it has stopped working. I was working fine when sold but I need to know is it the battery (only giving 20 mins after a charge). also you can refurb the battery's but what do I buy as replacments to go into the case?? many thanks

Batteries on electric bikes are basically a consumable. Most of the stuff I've seen is that they tend to need replacing after a few years regardless of how much they've been used. If I were buying a second hand electric bike, I buy it on the understanding it'll need a new battery.

You can refurb batteries, but I wouldn't attempt it if you didn't know what you were doing. But basically you open the battery case up and try to find similar cells and replace like for like. Might be better to look for a replacement battery from the manufacturer though.

Suggest you ask over here:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums/ ... icycles.2/

as they are a really helpful and knowledgable bunch.

thanks green cat, but what battery is the blue izip electric trike?? inside the case 24 or 36 thats what i'm going nuts about mate lol cheers for the come back :)

Back