My 1991 Arthur Caygill 653

Just noticed this.

That's a really really beautiful bike! Love the colour. The silvery handlebar tape works nicely. And the dark rims with the tanwalls.

(I kind of liked it with the Campagnolo stuff but what the hell.)

And I really hope you have put the crank caps on by now, mister.

Re: arthur caygill 653

hi, I have also got an Arthur Caygill 653 bike from around that time. I bought it second hand and few years ago and it still has a few bits of the original components (exage action and exage sport). I got it serviced by AC earlier this year and it is still a beautiful ride. Can I ask what serial number is on your bike please ? My bike has the serial number 00126. Johndfc

Excellent machine!

Question; is there a special reason for wraping the tape from center? It just seems unpractical...

Re:

foz":2ydz99bx said:
DSCN7655.jpg

Is that front clamp just about to break!!! Hope not, don't want the front mech ending somewhere nasty.

It's been a while since this was updated! I've since changed the ultegra chainset for a campag record one (not the c-record one from before, a 9/10 speed version). And I'm thinking of swapping the brakes for some campag 9/10 speed era ones too, with tektro levers, probably.

- Will check on the serial number

- Benotto tape doesn't lift at the edges or move down the bars if wrapped correctly from the centre, and I always think it looks better without any tape in the centre. All other tapes are better done from the ends up though, I've found.

- The front mech is fine - I think! That said, it does look a bit "separated" in the pic, so I'll check it. I don't think I've ridden this bike for at least a year and a half though, and don't know when I'll next be out on it so there's not too much danger of it falling apart tomorrow!

I'm going to leave this here to remind you of yours and how weird the world can be: the Trek I've just bought came from a household that had just sold an Arthur Caygill Columbus Max half an hour from my house, so the Trek is now living with; a Columbus Max Arthur Caygill...

file.php

Back