• Konas are really cool.... :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Konas are ok....

• Konas are really uncool... :(

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you think you are lost in translation , it is much worse for me . :LOL: :LOL:

can we keep it to the english we were supposed to learn at school .

Gubbins is a small group of mechanicals. Usually there is a grumpy one that doesn't quite get along with the others (often short with nasty scowel on its face).

ameybrook said:
they spec'd rigid forks on their top line bikes long after anyone else did. quote]

Probably because they were already over-priced and speccing suspension forks would have priced them out of the market?

Or... they had their head up their backsides and honestly thought that Konas 'legendary geometry' would be enough to keep them ahead of all these new fangled front suspension bikes.

:twisted:

Russell":3bqjtasi said:
ameybrook":3bqjtasi said:
they spec'd rigid forks on their top line bikes long after anyone else did. quote]

Probably because they were already over-priced and speccing suspension forks would have priced them out of the market?

Or... they had their head up their backsides and honestly thought that Konas 'legendary geometry' would be enough to keep them ahead of all these new fangled front suspension bikes.

Thats ridiculous. Konas spec'd their own in house parts, some of which sucked, but it kept the cost down on nearly all their models. My Lava Dome cost $650 in 1994. A friend of mine bought a front suspended Kula for $1,100. Overpriced? I'm not going to go digging around the net for MSRPs from 1994, but I'd bet that would compare well to any "mainstream" bike from back then.

Yeah, the bear valley had a slightly lower-end parts mix. My lava dome had a LX rear mech, STX front mech, Sugino crankset, Bontrager rims, and tons of in house stuff.

The BV had a complete STX parts group with lower end wheels.
Not sure about the Clockwork, we didn't have those over here. Stick Legs?

Fair comments... but...

Russell":22ozs285 said:

Ignoring this bit are you?

:LOL:

:D There's no way I can defend or argue THAT one... how many companies use superlatives like "legendary" to describe their products.

From the 1992 GT Catalogue: "In 1992 technology has moved into the world of mountain biking and its no longer as simple as fat tires....through this recent evolution of mountain biking, GT has not only been a contributor, but a leader.."

Because of the Triple Triangle design? negative ghostrider.

Back