Project build 2014+ Build completed Aug 2020

Re: Project build 2014+

Brake calipers ordered, gone are the days when there was one type of caliper,just stuck with Campagnolo can't go far wrong. Pics soon

Calipers have arrived,they look better than I was expecting..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,601
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,601

Latest update.
I now have the full Campagnolo Super Record groupset. Opted for the new chainset with 52/36 chain rings. All parts purchased. Now wheels and Frame needed. I cancelled my original frame order as I thought it was not special enough for the bike I'm building. The wheels will be next,the choice is staggering these days but will opt for something suitable. Have a couple of bits spare if anyone's interested. swisstop Carbon brake pads and a praxis 68mm ultra torque BB.

Hello, it’s been a while but due to work etc build stalled. However I have managed to get a pair of Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50,s,would have been wrong to opt for anything else. Just the frame now,will be Italian and beautiful. Keep posted.

Update,

Its been 2 years since I last posted about my new build. Since then loss of job and many other factors have postponed the build. Happy to report though the end is in sight. I still have all the components that I have shared on this thread, I still love the look of the 11spd super record even though 12spd has superceeded it. With the help of my local bike shop I have been purchasing a new frame which will be paid for by July and I can finish the build and share with the forum. As I have learnt over the years building a bike should not be rushed and is never finished as tinkering and updating is part of the process. I would rather wait and get the bike I want rather than rush and regret. Not long now...

Re:

Finally, the build will begin. Nearly 6 years to get to this point..

Attachments

• thumbnail_image011.jpg
    thumbnail_image011.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 847

So finally after 6 years of buying the parts the bike will be built on the 5th August. Its a Pinarello Dogma F10 with full 11spd Campagnolo Super Record mechanical groupset. Bora Ultra 50 tubular wheels. FSA Plasma bars and Fizik saddle and speedplay pedals. As I'd already bought the groupset I decided not to go for the F12 as Id set out to get the F10 some time ago as It was my favourite world tour frame of the past decade. I have alway's bought Campagnolo parts so Shimano was not an option for me although I do like the current Dura Ace and maybe will source for my next build. I will post pictures of the full build once completed.

Hello,

After 6 years the build is complete and the bike is ready. Hopefully going to share many adventures on the new bike. Its taken a long time but absolutely worth the wait.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1342.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1342.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 596
Back