Merckx corsa slx - no longer for sale - cant do it

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Hello
My merckx is not quite retro, while being retro style it is one of the last steel frames built by the factory, its a 2003 and only has 20 miles on.
Very regretable sale but finances dictate my dream bike must go to pay the bank. :evil:
This I know I will regret :cry:

Jamie :LOL:

Merckx

I CANT DO IT!

Stuff the bank this was my dream bike and I got it custom sized and new. I built it how I wanted and I just cant do it.
I listed on ebay and then had a couple of very sad days, so I withdrew it from sale, first time I ever did anything like that, but I cant part with it.
I will find another way to keep the wolves at bay ;)
Cheers
Jamie

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not quite sure

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not quite sure :roll:

How could I think of selling this?
(ps: I have been a roadie longer than a MTB rider)

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

To all at retrobike, Thank you for not buying when I had it for sale :LOL:

Jamie

20 miles in 5 years! :shock:

It's not even run in! :LOL:

I know how you feel though. I've got a Yo Eddie in the garage that's in the same condition. I've ridden it once. Since that wee ride it's really become a garage Queen and that wasn't what I intended for it. All my other bikes are riders, but sadly even the others only get out once in a while to stretch their wheels.

I can't help it, I'm always on my SS... :D

Thanks Stevec

Thanks for the reply.
I actually put a few miles on it this evening :D
It is a couple of years old now, though it was only built up last July. Then with work being busy and a house move combined with a snowy winter up here it didnt get used. I have my Giant tcr which is ridden almost daily. The giant I brought with me when I emigrated from Australia. Its a 1990 model, bit diff spec from the UK models, carbon forks and 105 with Ultegra shifters, all standard. Great bike and done 1000s and 1000s of kilometres on both sides the world. All I had when I arrived was my backpack and bike. So it has great sentimental value as well. The Merckx was built with the same gruppo as the Giant as its been so utterly reliable.
Anyway I suppose I held off riding the merckx this summer as I realised I might have to sell it. No more of that now I have finally decided to keep it.
I figured it was a bike that will last me forever and I couldnt replace it easily, and no longer possible new.
Jamie

So you're mainly a road going cyclist then Jamie? Nice to see you managed to clock up a few miles on it tonight. I got out yesterday on the ss but only for 24 very muddy miles.

I've got an old Gios Evolution that I use for the road should I venture out that way (not very often) and an early 80's Cinelli F&F in a box waiting for me to do something with... but to be honest the main roads around here are crap and busy and I have to negotiate those to get to the quieter minor roads. Even when on those you still meet anti-bike nutters. :evil: So it's the relative peace and tranquility of the muddy countryside for me and my mtb and that suits me just fine. :D

How did you end up in Scotland? Stick a pin in a map of the UK whilst blindfolded? ;) JOKE! :D

Latest posts

Back