Independent Fabrication Planet X - advice needed

That's a beaut Ed albeit fookin massive... Gotta get me a crosser, could only dream of 2 IF's :cry:
All black kit on it for me inc wheels if you've got em, IMO, any colours will clash with the orange/red ?

Now decided - it's black bar tape and black Flite as many have suggested, thanks for helping me to make up my mind.
Anthony":3kj8ey51 said:
I agree with Kevin about white - all black parts with white saddle and tape would look really great - but (assuming it's a rider!) only for a week.
As it stands, it shows how both silver and black go with the frame and the first thing that's clear is that silver wheels with black parts aren't quite right. But I actually prefer silver next to the frame colour, so if it was mine I would keep the wheels, fit silver post/stem/bar and black saddle and tape.
I think the golden rule, well exemplified by all your builds as far as I've seen, is that if you've got a great frame like that then the parts should just complement it and you shouldn't be tempted to fit anything that would compete with it for attention.
I remember you offering similar comments with the other IF - you were right then and are right now! I agree that it would be great to go for all silver parts but I need to get this one up and running and have all the necessary bits already - I suppose at least bars, stem and post match. I could change to black wheels I suppose although the only set I have are Campag hubbed although I do have some ceramic rimmed ones that might work better?
kanerdog1x1":3kj8ey51 said:
i used to have a green flite with yellow corners, that would work. shame i havent got it anymore.....ask phil, i think he had it?
Yeah, that could be an option but Phil says that he doesn't think he's got it anymore (if he did I'm sure he'd have used it tastelessly) and I'm settled on black now I think.
dekerfintheshed":3kj8ey51 said:
That's a beaut Ed albeit fookin massive... Gotta get me a crosser, could only dream of 2 IF's :cry:

While obviously gate like, the frame isn't quite as Jolly Green Giant as it looks; apparently IF build extra long headtubes to give more room for carrying (or some such flim flam). Top tube is 585mm c-c

Oh, and this frame, forks, King headset, Syncros post and shipping was less than a new Surly frame and forks :twisted:

Howdy, I just picked up a Planet X in the "team Green" color way.
I put on Paul Neo Retros in silver, Kooka rasta crank, Thompson post and stem in black, Yellow Fizik Arizone and Red Fulcrum 7's.
I will be putting on Yellow grip tape, a gold Chris King headset and replacing the wheels with White Industries Eno One hubs laced to NOS Mavic Open Pros in Red. BTW, the Neo's will also be replace with Anodized Gold ones to match the new headset.

Attachments

• IMG_3894_8_1.JPG
    IMG_3894_8_1.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_3888_2_1.JPG
    IMG_3888_2_1.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_3889_3_1.JPG
    IMG_3889_3_1.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 870

Latest posts

Back