Have we done home brewing yet?

Re:

Tried something different with the Wherry. After 7 days in the warm for second fermentation to take place I then put it into my kegerator* at a constant 12C. Conditioning took less than 6 weeks and it has produced a beautiful balanced beer.

*My kegerator is a freezer with the temperature control over-ridden with an adapted aquarium heat controller.thing is good.

Have also had pressure holding problems with a King Keg. The pressure relief valve kept on leaking so got it replaced under warranty. I regularly check my kegs are holding pressure which coincides with have a cheeky snifter to make sure everything is good.

Must get another brew on soon before it is time to do the Elderflower Champagne.

Can you provide more info and pics of your Kegerator please?

Re:

Keg me baby one more time! Sundew on top and Wherry on the bottom. The white bar at the bottom is a small greenhouse heater for when the cooler months come around. Temperature of the controler is set at 12C. The controler is an STC1000 which is built into a purpose built unit to regulate cooling and heating. Temperature sensor is in a glass jar filled with water.

Same as this
$_57.JPG

Attachments

• rsz_2015-06-19_133741.jpg
    rsz_2015-06-19_133741.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2,123
Crumbs mate, youre serious about it , that's quite a set up. :cool:

Have you entered your produce into any competitions ? must be a few 'interested parties' or is that party's ? :LOL:

Unfortunately im a spirits drinker, and I think they might have a problem if I set up a still in the spare room :LOL:

Re:

We are having a family party in July I was saving the Sundew for. However, it is such a lovely pint I have gone and drunk most of it. So looks like the Wherry will be called into service.

Have some cider which I have recently taken off the first fermentation and racked to another vessel. The taste is a bit sharp for my mrs so looking at doing some experiments with back-sweetening (adding a non-fermentable sugar to sweeten the flavour).

Also recently done a cheapo lager kit to which I enhanced with some Hallertau hops. Bottled it last weekend and is looking very promissing, carbonated nicely and already very clear.

Re: Re:

REKIBorter":18woqq69 said:
Keg me baby one more time! Sundew on top and Wherry on the bottom. The white bar at the bottom is a small greenhouse heater for when the cooler months come around. Temperature of the controler is set at 12C. The controler is an STC1000 which is built into a purpose built unit to regulate cooling and heating. Temperature sensor is in a glass jar filled with water.

Same as this
$_57.JPG

Did you build the temperature controller yourself or buy it?

Re:

You can buy the unit as a whole like I did or buy the STC1000 seperate and build it into a fridge / freezer. Some vids on youtube explain how.

The only small problem I had was disabling the freezer temp alarm but easily solved by locating the piezo speaker on the circuit board.

Back