Rudy Project?

Double-E F

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi,

What's the word on Rudy Project branded mountain bikes? I'm not talking about the Verlicchi full suspension one with the flashy ano swing arm, but (a series of?) rigid mountain bikes, such as the Explorer Pro, which is a yellow fluoro aluminum bike and the white Performance Pro, that I think is steel based on the crappy pics I ran into in a sales ad. Both come with nice-looking straight forks.

Would like to know a bit more, as the owner doesn'n appear to have any additional info and I'm wondering whether these are worth going after. The current state of both bikes offered is quite poor and they'll probably need a lot of TLC to get them closer to what used to be their original glory (if there ever was anything like that ;) )..

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers!

Like this?

RudyProject02.jpg

I kinda like that.

Re:

Yes, like that ^^^ :D !

Is it yours? Any more info on spec, ride characteristics and so on?

And have you ever seen the Alu one too?

Thanks

Re: Re:

Double-E F":ktep1do1 said:
Yes, like that ^^^ :D !

Is it yours? Any more info on spec, ride characteristics and so on?

And have you ever seen the Alu one too?

Thanks

No purely from a quick search around online I'm afraid.

The accompanying text said complete M550 LX groupset and Araya RM-20 rims.

I saw a few aluminium ones in the search too, one with rigid forks and the others with Marzocchis.

Re:

Sorry for my poor english.

Mine since 1986... sorry 1991

Rudy Project Explorer Pro.

Frame Aluminium, fork CroMo.

Difficult to find spare parts now.

Re:

Cycling Shop "Brima" (Heesch, Brabant, The Netherlands) used the Rudy Project framesets for their teambikes in the early nineties. As said above, I think they are Verlicchi frames. With the beefy aluminium forks and 1.1/4 headset I expect the ride to be quite harsh. But nothing special.
I don't know about the steel bikes.

bartsince1975":18vgrnfl said:
These bikes were made by Verlichi, same company that made the S-bikes. They also made the first Iron Horse fully's see: http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 81309.html

OH NO, I am slightly drunk at the moment and now I really want an Iron Horse full sus with purple bits just as badly as I did in back in 1993!!

And an RTS.

And a San Andreas.

I used to have an Iron Horse Cap d' Ail World Cup poster in my garage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4nbGE8gXzw

Btw Verlicchi frames are the muts nuts I reckon - they make, or have made winning frames for Ducati too:

Attachments

• verlicchi-400.jpg
    verlicchi-400.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,284
This one had been sleeping in my garden shed for years. Abandoned by my son.
I'm busy restoring it

To be continued

Attachments

• P1190589.JPG
    P1190589.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 960
Back