Norfolk broads here we come!!

we have more broads than venice mate...as for the memory thing maybe you shouldnt drink the "loacal" stuff.you need a few weeks to fully see the broads tho..not just the touristy bits.. :D

woodfordes was the ale ... One called Nip!! :shock:

Couldnt believe the miserable old bat in the shop though, me and my nieces walked in the peeing rain for ages to get there ... brought as much as we could carry £40 ish ... Took one for the road and asked if they had a bottle opener .... Yeah £2.99 was the reply !!! :roll:

a while ago i went into a pub in haddiscoe with a few friends...the minute we walked thru the door it went silent..we drank very quickly and left ...sometimes if you look carefully you can spot the wicker men scattered around the countryside with their victims inside ie "non locals".....(just kidding ..)

Hope you have a fantastic time! Please find a copy of Michael Green's "The Art of Coarse Sailing." It is set in that area and very funny.

ive sailed the broads for years cos i live here and its true you dont sail to yarmouth if you can help it its as "rough as the fur on a bagers backside" but the waterways are nice shame the powerboats are killing them sail power only if it gonna last (im not being arsey its true old oil and fuel are killing the reid beds) gotta love the quiet you get out there :D :D :D :D shame you did'nt make it to oulton broad id have put the kettle on :cool: :LOL: :LOL: :D

We hired a boat for the day from Hoveton, brilliant fun, especially the bit when the mrs was attacked by a swan, tried not to laugh too much :LOL:

Back