Independent Fabrication Planet X - advice needed

Thats really nice Ed. Go black bar tape and saddle.

I'm deeply regretting the pimpy white saddle and tape I put on my Poprad two weeks ago already :oops:

MadCowKev":177d5gk1 said:
I'm deeply regretting the pimpy white saddle and tape I put on my Poprad two weeks ago already :oops:

My mate had always had white flites, he just likes them.
On the brakes, i've just been reminded about Avid Shortys....

Got an Isla in the same colour and just put some Cinelli orange tape on and it looks great! The saddles an old Schwinn in sparkle silver and orange stripes!
Thanx Max

get a disc mount welded on... ;)

just to keep the theme going, here's mrs Wu's old Indy...same colour even.

Attachments

• indy.jpg
    indy.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 931
I agree with Kevin about white - all black parts with white saddle and tape would look really great - but (assuming it's a rider!) only for a week.

As it stands, it shows how both silver and black go with the frame and the first thing that's clear is that silver wheels with black parts aren't quite right. But I actually prefer silver next to the frame colour, so if it was mine I would keep the wheels, fit silver post/stem/bar and black saddle and tape.

I think the golden rule, well exemplified by all your builds as far as I've seen, is that if you've got a great frame like that then the parts should just complement it and you shouldn't be tempted to fit anything that would compete with it for attention.

Forget Avid shortys tried them a while ago,not too great.Discs would be good on a cross bike,thats why they banned them for competition!It is a nice lookin cross bike by the way.

Go for Froglegs or maybe Ritchey cantis could suit it well.
Black Flite and black tape - looks classy and its practical for CX's.

neilll":1wa95btm said:
Keep the chainstay protector....that rocks :LOL:

+1. :cool:

i used to have a green flite with yellow corners, that would work. shame i havent got it anymore.....ask phil, i think he had it?

Back