Mantis Pro Floater

Re: .

mrkawasaki":dgsen8hl said:
... and how long has he sat on it too...??!! Shame on you Mr Z!

I'll be starting work on mine this Saturday with a headset and NOS MAG21 insertion... :)

So how goes the Mantis build Mr K? Just got mine back from powder and polish :D :

main.php

WIP

Sadly my Mag 21 headtube was a fraction short - they do seem to have long headtubes! Yours is looking like a meticulous build though - must be a later model than mine - the swingarm looks very different! How was it polished? I might get mine done now I've seen yours...

Mr K

From the serial number I take it to be a '95 model year.

I had the polishing work done at a metal polisher/anodizer/powder coating outfit that appears to do a lot of auto parts. Typically I would do the polish myself, but considering I was getting a fresh powder coat for the front end I figured I might as well go with the works.

That's looking good Jason, the Critical Racing stem is a nice touch ;) :cool: Is that a Critical seat post clamp too?

Re: .

Mr. Zero":11p8b8wu said:
So how goes the Mantis build Mr K? Just got mine back from powder and polish :D :

That looks like thats going to be cool :cool:
So Mr K, whats your answer to that? Lets have a Mantis face off!! :LOL:

B3":3tor1yr7 said:
That's looking good Jason, the Critical Racing stem is a nice touch ;) :cool: Is that a Critical seat post clamp too?

Yep, Critical stem and clamp. I had the clamp powdered black to match the headset that will be installed. I'm hoping to have frame and fork back together and new decals applied by the weekend. As Mr K suggested it's long over due, but I'm pretty stoked to see it finally coming together. :D

Broadside

Hey, I know my place... I dream of being a top 5 BoTM builder! ;-)

Maybe I should start with Trek 930s and pay my dues...

Mr K

Re: Broadside

mrkawasaki":mfx1i3kv said:
I dream of being a top 5 BoTM builder! ;-)

Mr K

Hey I just dream of the day I have time to finish a bike :oops:

:LOL:

Progress

The Pro Flo inches ever closer to a complete, rideable build. Waiting on an early XTR rear mech, an SPD set, some green skewers and chain ring bolts before we can hit the dirt... :)

Mr K

Attachments

• Pro Flo WIP Feb 09.jpg
    Pro Flo WIP Feb 09.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,092
Back