Independent Fabrication Planet X - advice needed

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
So this frame, forks, headset and seatpin arrived with friends from the US on Saturday but as I have been in the role of tour guide I've been unable to do much more than pictured even though I have everything for the build - for someone who needs instant gratification the wait has been torment!

Anyway, I do have two dilemmas for which I need sage advice:

1) Cantis - M900 XTR or Froggleggs?

2) Saddle and bartape - saddle has to be a Flite but what colour goes best with the frame and which bar tape? I have Flites in black, dark blue, black with red corners, yellow and Harlequin black/red plus bar tape in black, red, orange and yellow.

Thoughts/comments would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• P8250538.JPG
    P8250538.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,751
  • P8250537.JPG
    P8250537.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,750
  • P8250535.JPG
    P8250535.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,751
Nice :cool: Is that two IFs you have now?
My mate put XT on his Tricross, which worked well. I personally don't like the look of the frogs legs cantis. :?
In terms of finishing, i'd go for black :cool:

Dare I say go for a modern Charge saddle in brown?

Also, for a giggle, why not...

2194193413_6b823eb589_o.jpg

...doublewrap the tape in orange and green?

I firstly must admit im a mountain biker through and through,and all things Roadie are Evil
But Stone me mate
Thats a very nice bike
:D

Got froglegs on my cx,it has to be those or spooky's for that belgian 'look'.Have you seen the Kore cantis,they look pretty good.

I want it! :shock:
that is lovely, great colourway, lovely to see it hasnt been ruined with ridiculous other colours/shades everywhere else in the componentry.

And 853, the perfect tubeset.

hope it gets finished soon.

Thanks for the comments guys

P20":3biq9m2z said:
Is that two IFs you have now?

In terms of finishing, I'd go for black :cool:

Yep, two IFs which is a bit greedy but this one was a VERY good deal. The attention to detail and finish are even better than the ss - the only other paint that I've seen that seems to have almost bathroom enamel thickness is an early 90s Klein.

And think I'm agreeing on the black saddle and tape option (although see below)

Agency_Scum":3biq9m2z said:
Dare I say go for a modern Charge saddle in brown?

Also, for a giggle, why not doublewrap the tape in orange and green?

Saddle wise got to be a Flite I'm afraid but liking the two colour doublewrap finish (I also saw a stunning IF Planet X on US eBay, yellow to green fade with matching bar tape and yellow Arione) so perhaps I will experiment a little

Back