RIP good old friend (Lavadome 1996)

Lavadome

Retro Newbie
A week or two ago my son got into a "small" accident with a car while commuting to school in the morning.

Went to pick him up with the car because the bike (my bike) was broken (wheel bent and the chainwheel damaged ??)
After making sure he was ok, we took the bike home.

Now a few days later, I took a good look at the bike...... to find out the real wheel is stuck as well ?
Turns out the back frame is slight offset....

I tried "measuring" by means of two strings of wire running from the headtube to the dropouts (both sides) and when you check on the seattube it is about 3/4 to an inch offset.
Any change of fixing this again ?

Re:

Thx, looks feasible......

Maybe just not yet throw away the frame and mounts.....

But where to store , and how to convince the wife....

Would be its second , intermediate retirement so far.

Re:

Honestly,,it's just a Lavadome...Car won.
Lay it to rest,,,thank it for it's exemplary job in the line of duty.let it go,,and give the kid a hug.

Try cold setting as per the Sheldon link from xerxes. I had to do this on my '92 Explosif viewtopic.php?f=1&t=286271&start=10 Now straight, true and in regular use on rough stuff with no issues so far. Steel is somewhat malleable.

My local bike shop (Nevis Cycles - good guys) gave me the tip of putting an axle in to keep both sides moving together. Try that first. I couldn't shift both and ended up doing one side at a time in small increments. Hope it goes well.

Latest posts

Back