Project No. 1: Alpinestars Cro-Mega XT '1992 meets 2008'

Thanks Mr K but i've got hold of a couple of old alpinestars shirts. Really looking forward to the peaks meet and finally getting this bike finished.

Huntso":2t5b9dti said:
Good luck with the project, I had one and to this day still not sure whether I actually iked it or not
Have a butchers at it in all its old purplefied glory

What fork is that?

Huntso":mgusrcpp said:
Good luck with the project, I had one and to this day still not sure whether I actually iked it or not
Have a butchers at it in all its old purplefied glory

What fork is that?

dscn0488_189.jpg

love the sound of this! one thing though if you paid all that wonga for the decals why not laquer them in? you'll get a much better finish with base and laquer than with 2 pack.

billinjah":x9ctkha7 said:
love the sound of this! one thing though if you paid all that wonga for the decals why not laquer them in? you'll get a much better finish with base and laquer than with 2 pack.
That was the original plan but I cannot guarantee the decals won't react with the 2 pack laquer, if they did then I'd of wasted my time and money. I could go down the celluose route and lacquer that way but at the back of my mind I thinking I might get gil_m to make some original cro-mega decals with a twist at a later date.

I used to have a Cro-mega DX (yellow and white) and I remember when it got delivered. My parents left a note on it saying 'Do not open till we get home', bearing in mind I saved up for it I was gutted. However, being 14 or so I did as I was told and just spent the rest of the afternoon gazing at the oversized head tube and thinking I was defo going to be the coolest kid in school!

The bike was to big for me and weighed a ton but I loved it! Anyone got one on this site?

lingus75":3c6s8bsf said:
Anyone got one on this site?

Depends, is it the E-stay one or the regular one? I have one of those, the regular one I mean (1990 model??).

Indeed, weighs a ton but somehow I guess this will be around after WW3 or the next global nuclear war ;-) Seems bomb-proof to me...

I remember my e-stay Cro-Mega DX being quite light (well light for one of my bikes) at around 26-27lb?Mine was a blue in very poor condition with bright pink Onza barends!

That fork was advertised as an Accutrax, clearly wasn't though so the answer is I have no idea.
Thought it looked cool at the time, changed my mind now.

Back