1993 Orange Prestige.

Re:

Wahey!! The wheels are back from Dan @ handcraftedwheels.co.uk and look superb :D

Probably be a few weeks until I get to ride on them, having an issue at the moment with a leaky master cylinder on the magura brakes, going to try a new o-ring seal and see if that solves the problem.

Anyway, the wheels in all their purple anodised glory....

Re:

The wheels are back on the wagon :)

I just need to fit some Gripshift x-ray shifters, grips & bar ends and it will be good to go (once the flat tyre is fixed :LOL: )...

Re:

Was it really December 2012 when this frame arrived in my ownership again?!!

Well, I can now finally say that it is FINISHED! :xmas-big-grin: :D :D :mrgreen:

Final Spec and photo's to follow.

Been out on it's maiden voyage today, all went smoothly... until a puncture near the end of the ride :x but hey ho! I felt gtreat to be back in the riding seat again. It was only a short ride on flat terrain but it handled well through a bity of twisty singletrack and felt quite lively, more riding coming up soon I think!

Frame: 1993 Orange Prestige 19"

Fork: Pace RC-30 (RC-35 suspension legs ready to swap over)

Headset: Dia-Compe Aheadset
Stem: ControlTech 135mm/5 degree ahead
Handlebar: X-Lite XLR 540 Pro Titanium
Grips: Onza Ules (clear)
Barends: X-Lite Stubbie

Brakes: Magura HS22 Raceline
Brake Pads: Magura (standard black)
Brake Levers: Magura HS22 Raceline

Shifters: Gripshift SRT 800 X-Ray
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore DX
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore DX
Derailleur Cables: Gore "Ride-On"
Cassette: Shimano HG51
Chain: KMC X8
Cranks: Shimano Deore DX MT60
Crank Bolts: Stock, with ally self extraction collars
Chainrings: Shimano SG 24/36/46
Chainring bolts: Alloy
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN51
Pedals: Shimano SPD M525

Hub Skewers: Hope bolt-on
Rims: Mavic MA40 MB, 32 spoke
Hubs: Hope Ti
Nipples: Alloy
Spokes: SS DB
Tyres: Specialized More Extreme/S Umma Gumma 2.5
Tubes: Bog standard

Saddle: Vetta SL Ti
Seatpost: Orange Lite Stik
Seatpost Binder: Odyssey Titanium.

Weight: 25lbs

Re:

So there we have it, it's as near as dammit the same spec as I built it up in 94', and it stayed that way for several years until I sold it.
Now it's back in my posession I plan to use it, as and when parts wear out they'll be replaced with suitable alternatives and not just with the exact same thing. It'll be more of an evolution rather than keeping it strictly period correct or in the same guise for the rest of its (and my) life.

:D

Re: 1993 Orange Prestige - Almost there! 28/4

Tidy job, now go out and get it covered in crap and ding the frame a bit.

Try knocking a few teeth off the big chain ring by the way, they go faster that way.

Re:

:LOL: there's actually still a few dings in the downtube, the wall thickness of the tubes is literally paper thin I think :shock:

Back