My New Bike - 1992 GT Karakoram

retrojon

Retro Guru
Been looking for one of these for a while now. Had to pay over the odds, but it is in better condition than I expected.

Everything looks original. Need some bar ends though. Thinking black Onzas with the small bend.

Attachments

• Karakoram small.JPG
    Karakoram small.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 1,505
That's lurvly :D

Same year as my Avalanche – but you've got the complete factory spec. I'm missing the flipflop stem for the avalanche, and l'd love to get hold of a GT-branded Regal saddle.

V. nice indeed. Don't know about Porcupines, fairly sure the correct tyre of choice for that is a ritchey megabite (good luck finding some though)

My favorite stock GT colour scheme by far. I turned one down recently cos i had no money :( , no where near as good as yours though. Bikes are worth what your willing to pay and this is worth it to you :D

I used to have a '93 model, but always wanted the '92.

The tyres are Cheng Shin ditch seekers, or something that sounds similar. I'll stick some Z max on it.

does the stem click?...mine did ...drove me batty...pootling along ...quiet country lane...click .......arrrgghhh..love the paint job by the way.....my fav gt cept the tie jobbie.

Latest posts

Back