1994 FAT Chance Shock-a-Billy-update and spec change

I just adjusted the nut round the back of the crown for bump sensitivity - it adjusts the spring preload. I had it set up quite stiff.

That's a very nicer ride, well done.

Those Mavic's just perfectly fit the colour mix too. And this bike really makes me want to get some skinwall tires too.

Enjoy!!

gibbleking":3683pceh said:
the wheels are my favoutite part....just lurve mavic rims.

Cheers! I had a few options for rims but the grey anno on the Mavics went well with the frame so got the nod. I went for red hubs as I have never had Red Anno on a build before and the frame had a red Chris King in it when I bought it. The decals are Green and Yellow and the caliper which I built the project around was Gold with green and red bits on it so I decided to go for a rasta style build, only I don't have any green bits to put on it yet apart from crank bolts. I want to keep it subtle so I'm looking for green Ringle QRs and maybe a Ringle cage.

I'd like to thank a few peeps for help on this....

John 'the Gaffer' for the Mint Tioga tyres
Toons for the Mavic Rims
Kingroon for the seatpost
Scant for the front mech
Orange 71 for the AMP forks
Slimjoe for the Rim Crushers
and the American ecconomy for making this project reasonably affordable :eek:

Thanks again for the comments gents.... hope to get some pics of it out on the trail tomorrow :LOL:

I've made a few changes to the SAB after a few rides. The ATAC stem was too long and low and was making my back ache after a long ride and was a little scary on the steeper downhill bits so it's been replaced with a shorter Syncros item. Its now much better on the old back and much much better on the downhill stuff. tyres have been swapped as I needed the amberwalls for the Pace and the Porcs are much better over the wet roots and the mud. Bars have been swapped- Kolo Ti replacing the Syncros risers, and a few detail bits and bobs- Hope QRs and a nicer Flite.
Really enjoying this bike- it's like a Yo but does everything slightly better.

Weight is now 23.5lbs which ain't bad for full suss

Si

2786596430_7573a54f8e_b.jpg

2786596428_5741926469_o.jpg

UPDATED SPEC LIST

Frame: FAT CHANCE Shock-a-Billy, S/M 1995, Risse Racing shock and AMP seatstay brace

Fork: AMP Research F3 disc only

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: Kolo Titanium
Grips: Yeti Lock on
Barends: None

Front Brakes:Rock Shox/ AMP Research Disc brake with 165mm Hope rotor, Ti bolts
Brake Pads: Rock Shox Carbon Metalic
Rear Brakes: Grafton Rim Crusher
Brake Cables:Shimano XTR
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pill in black
Brake Levers: M900 XTR

Shifters: M900 XTR STi
Front Derailleur: M900 XTR
Rear Derailleur: M900 XTR with KCNC Jockeys and SRP bolts
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: SRAM 8 speed
Chain: SRAM
Cranks: Syncros forged
Crank Bolts: SRP alloy in green
Chainrings: Middleburn slickshift in 24-34-46
Chainring bolts: Generic alloy in black
Bottom Bracket: Syncros Titanium
Pedals: Xpedo Titanium clipless and Deore Flatties depending on mood

Hub Skewers: Hope green
Rims: Mavic MA 40
Hubs: Hope Pro III Disc front, non disc rear
Nipples: Alloy
Spokes: Alpine double butted
Tyres: Onza Porc II
Tubes: Kenda

Saddle: Flite Alpes Titanium
Seatpost: Syncros
Seatpost Binder: Ringle Holey

Weight; 23.5lbs

Can I say thanks to the ever talented Gil_M for supplying new decals for the forks- great job matey (he actually sent two sets because my 13 month old daughter ate the first set :LOL: )

2785833059_cec5c2a900_b.jpg

Back end

2785833061_5de129f030_b.jpg

That is looking bloody awesome now! I think the blackwalls go really well with that colour scheme and with the flat bars it really looks like it means business. :D

Edit: I've just spent the last 5 minutes just scrolling up and down looking at the pictures again (and again :oops:). I think it's just finalised my wish for one of these before any other full sus bike. Great stuff!

If that's not my favourite bike on here, it's in my top three.

Absolutely eff'in awesome.

Well done that man. :cool:

Back