early 90s raleigh technium (usa) obsession

lowe1677

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Heres an early 90s raleigh technium obsession i picked up recently in excellent condition :LOL:

Attachments

• raleigh.jpg
    raleigh.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 7,461
  • raleigh 2.jpg
    raleigh 2.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 7,459
  • raleigh 3.jpg
    raleigh 3.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 7,455
  • raleigh technium..JPG
    raleigh technium..JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 7,465
This is bringing back memories... my first MTB was a Raleigh USA Technium with nearly the same specs. The only difference where the 3 main tubes, which where silver instead of blue. I think it was also an Obsession.

Greetz Dan

It looks great!
Though you shouldn't ride it!
My Experience with the Obsession (next model year) was this:
After half a year I had replaced the BB for a Campy. The Saddle for a Brooks. The Brakes for SS7 with 986ers. And the Shifters with XT Thumbies. Shortly after, the Mech was Exchanged for a DX Unit.
In the following years the BB was Changed for Mavic With Crank. Finally The Headset with a needle bearing one. Front wheel got a blue Tune Mig with Mavic rim. All these changes where because of OEM Component failure... (or poor performance)
Ahh and Scott AT4 :oops: that I'm not so proud of...

All in all the frame held up nicely even under a clydesdale class rider. ;)

Greez Dan

Re: another Raleigh Obsession

I have one too! $10 at the thrift store. I use it every day - commute from work to the post office and back. It rides nice on the bumpy roads.

Re: 1990 raleigh obsession for sale

I am the original owner of this 1990 raleigh technium Obsession and looking to find it a good home at a fair price. Not as good shape as lowe1677 but decent. The handle bars are modified (not original). I will post pictures. It is a silver gray.

Attachments

• unnamed-10.jpg
    unnamed-10.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 4,877
  • unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 4,875
Wow! Looks just like mine

The Op's bike looks just like mine, although mine has a few more touches. I love it, wish I had a another!

Attachments

• rsz_1img_20151128_141944.jpg
    rsz_1img_20151128_141944.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 4,132
Back