Cougar

Why yes, yes it is. This in conjunction with a crud catcher keeps me 100% dry, 75% of the time. Luckily I use Turbos on all my bikes, and these work well with Turbos and are fairly subtle so its kinda useful.

P1010558.JPG

Rod_Saetan":4hql6tx4 said:
Best tensioner ever. Ok, best I have used, which includes this, the Surly one, and On One doofer, a Kore one, a 4Jeri one and something I bought for £2 from STW.

Plus its the only tensioner (that I know of) that allows you to run two rings up front, which may or may not be useful.

This may well be a slightly better SS than that Bonty (RIP - sad face etc).

Thanks Rod,

Sounds perfect for my next project.....

The Bonty is doing well, treated her to a new Surly Torsion Bar and some nice Oury grips, she's in good hands....

Cheers
Stu

thats pretty shit hot.

I may have a complete M730 series groupset plus 231 wheels to go on that, maaaaybe...

legrandefromage":106mfst3 said:
thats pretty shit hot.

I may have a complete M730 series groupset plus 231 wheels to go on that, maaaaybe...

Me too! but too old for this. I'm thinking XC Pro, and maybe a slightly more subtle stem/seat post combo.

Re: 1994 Terry Dolan Cougar SS

Rod_Saetan":1hfnlwy4 said:
... I'm saving up a grouppo and will get it resprayed over winter.

Well, that was 4 years ago, I guess I should probably crack on with this. A respray is required as a year in a slightly leaky/humid shed has highlighted the extent of the paint loss and we have a reddy-brown element to the finish in many areas. Colour will be matched by the chaps at Armourtex, I have a full XT grouppo, some new tyres and some other fun stuff ready to go on, should be riding it again by the end of the month*

*Didn't say which month, time moves slowly in Saetan-land.

Re:

Wow, nice frameset Roly! This thread was before my time so missed it the first time around. Can't wait to see it up and running

Re:

Rod_Saetan":1kkf931w said:
I hear you about the respray, but Im concerned that the amount of paint loss + British weather = rustiness.

I would leave the paint alone but protect the frame from the inside out.

I used to think new paint new paint new paint then I joined here and saw how many had new paint and built up like new, then never were ridden. It's a great looking battle scarred bike with a paint that says it's had a life spent ridden

Latest posts

Back