Dawes frame ID

dmac13

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

i've purchased a dawes bike on ebay to restore was just wondering if anyone recognize what model/year it is? and if it is a reynolds frame?

11022633_10152846955912426_1781084849713201414_n.jpg

11096628_10152846957312426_2910559558882738815_n.jpg

This is not a restoration. Was a great looking frame to start with in my view. There really isn't' much point in knowing what it was now though Im afraid.

Re:

Would be interested to kno that all, at the end of the day it a another old bike back on the road rather than rusting away, that's the main thing right ?

I hope you've got a seatpost for it, it'll be an unusual diameter (26.2 from memory but I'd have to check). I believe the tubing is something called Mazzucato.

Re:

Thanks both, that’s exactly what i was after :LOL: good to know a little history. This is my first attempt at a bike rebuild/resto or whatever you guys would class it as. I’ve really enjoyed it and would consider a road racer next.

BobToo":12t679il said:
I hope you've got a seatpost for it, it'll be an unusual diameter (26.2 from memory but I'd have to check). I believe the tubing is something called Mazzucato.

I did struggle with the seatpost, because i wanted a black seatpost i was limited by the size options in the end got it all fitted using a shim. The idea for this bike is simply to be used as a pub bike not after 100% perfection, what to use this build as a learning curve before attempting something more challenging.

Re:

dmac13":302yzing said:
at the end of the day it a another old bike back on the road rather than rusting away, that's the main thing right ?

If you hadn't bought it, someone else would have had the opportunity to 'restore' it, and it would have been one more piece of history returned to the road instead of being lost forever - restoration is a once only thing.

Only my opinion, and I know i am being a bit harsh, but practice on something that is beyond preserving next time :D

Re: Re:

t47b":2s9uq64d said:
dmac13":2s9uq64d said:
at the end of the day it a another old bike back on the road rather than rusting away, that's the main thing right ?

If you hadn't bought it, someone else would have had the opportunity to 'restore' it, and it would have been one more piece of history returned to the road instead of being lost forever - restoration is a once only thing.

Only my opinion, and I know i am being a bit harsh, but practice on something that is beyond preserving next time :D

Wow way to u know what on people's bonfires.

we don't live in a perfect world where everything it's made perfect again so get over it.

Resto and restomod is better than no resto which ever side of the resto fence you sit on. I love them both , I've owned classic volkswagen and been to many shows where you see both , I do think restoration is important and great to see but find restomod just as great to see and a little more exciting.

Some pics to help u
this
vw-beetle-bug-slammed-14.jpg

Or this
DSC01680-420x280.jpg

Is better than this
3576181339_db3837365b.jpg

Back