Can anyone recommend an inkjet printer?

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Need one for the family - simple, cheap (under £55 new), but where the cartridges don't cost too much either.

Will be mostly printing photos and children's lovely computer artwork :roll: :LOL:

what can you recommend?

Canon ones seem pretty decent reliable and cheap - Epson ones are the best but ink is expensive and the print head is built into the printer and not the cartridge.. so if you use it infrequently the head can become clogged beyond use... I don't recommend them for home use (and I don't recommend non genuine ink either).

I always use epson printers, when buying one make sure you check whether compatible cartridges are available for that model.
I have been using epson printers with compatible cartridges for years now without any problems. ;)

Just bought a great Canon (last years model) from the 'Bay. Very happy, paid less than £30 delivered. Bit big, but does the job. It is an iP3300, from Clearancebargains-uk shop.

Had epsons and had nothign but the heads cloggin up :( So not bought one for many a year.

Moved to Canon's when they started getting good arounf th i450 time.
There are two types of Canons though one that uses heads built in to the cartridge and one that have removable 'fixed' print heads.

Ignore the removable part though as it's cheaper just to buy a new printer.

As for the cartridges you can shop around an buy them reasonably cheap, though they do seem expensive they 'head built into the cartridge; fo not waste their ink through many cleaning cycles.

Look on ebuyer.com and canon currently have cashback offers so you can pick up an MP210 (which includes a scanner, good for copying the suduko and for children to scan their fingers in) for about £35 then you have the £15 rebate.
Check out the cartridge prices though around the web to see if you can afford them in one go.

thanks for all the advice - have bought a refurbished Pixma 3300 (better be good :twisted: ...only kidding!), found it for £22 all-in on ebay

cheers :D

I've got a Canon iP4300...pretty darn good...ink costs a bit though...currently just about empty :( but seem to last a while.
Carl

Back