• Konas are really cool.... :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Konas are ok....

• Konas are really uncool... :(

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some konas are desireable, most are competent bikes, but cool as a brand? Not for me.
Edit - And I voted for fishy's hei-hei in the bike of the year, but thats because it looks so damn rideable, not because its cool.

Having already commented, I'd like another go... I can figure that not all Kona's are cool, but some are - witness the 1994 Explosif!

So - I don't think the cool wall can take whole brands: pick out specific examples and place them accordngly... '94 Explosif cool, first alu Explosif uncool; Ritchey commando cool, <struggles to think of uncool Ritchey...>.

So - yes to positioning individual models (and of course their brand will be a part of the decision) - no to making blanket statements which cover brands as a whole.

More thoughts as when and if they occur!

Well thats not really the point is it? :D

The whole argument is: "Are Konas Cool"

This has been a debate going on for a while on retrobike.

The answer is: yes, no or the middle ground.

We could end up stripping each bike down in the range by saying "is the Sugino 900 Mighty crankset (including rings and bolts) that featured on my 18" 1994 Kona Explosif cool?"

Or...

"The decals on the 1990 Konas were cool"

Lets just keep it simple.

Next week it will be something like - "Are Onza White Porcs cool" etc.

Kool.

Long sloping top tube says it all and the K-spiral badge of old days definately cool.

... saying all that, if anyone sees a cheap Hot/Hei Hei, could be interested :D

Just out of interest obviously!!

Well done gump!

Loving the Ford analogy, thats exactly it. They may have released a couple of crackers, but in the main they're just mass produced populus pleasing average bikes.

Oh dear, I thought I was cool riding around on my 97' Koa for the past 9/10 years - now I'm not so sure.

I put it to the panel.....

Confused of Northants.

Back