3 Peaks - Retrobike Team Entered!

We're all doomed!

Nice to know you fellas...! ;-)

So tempted to come and watch the fall out - best bring a torch and a bloodhound methinks...

Mr K

Geoff - thanks again. Some good advice there.

Helpers with drinks/food/oxygen would be appreciated :D

As Ed has already said I too am really looking forward to it. I've tried to tailor my training to include some running and am fortunate to live on a long steep hill.

Bring it on!

ha ha thanks for the comments.

forgot to mention that i read graham obrees book - it appears he had to get in his survival bag and start whistling to get rescued when he rode the peaks!

oh, another pointer is to get the bike and survival bag all sorted out before race day as it starts fairly early and theres not much time in the am to get ready. its amazing how long it takes to sort out where to strap the bag on and stuff. also remember your whistle and waterproof! They give you a thing to put in the car too so remember that. Also, if poss, you could go up the day before and check out much of the lower half of pen y gent (the bridleway section).

if you've got enough tubes and energy gels/food then you'll get round. im sure it will give huge satisfaction to finish, but you'll have to suffer for it! lets hope the weather isnt too bad - dave collins told me he rode/swam it one year - they had a rope to hold on to when wading through the river! ive also seen bikes at the bottom of cliffs - it can be seriously windy at the top, didnt see any sign of the riders though!

good luck
superstrong

Time for a action plan to get Wu and Chris into Bear Grylls form.. Tomorrow we will have a montage of activities (Rocky style) such as running up Devils Dyke escarpment with a rucksac full of granite stones carrying a postmans 40lbs Pashley to beat them into shape.

Mad Cow":2qn4l0n3 said:
I do hope you are using proper retro cross bikes, none of this modern stuff :D

If you mean cantis that don't stop and tyres that don't grip then yes (plus rider that doesn't go downhill).

Regardless of state of mind discs are wrong

Latest posts

Back