Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Oh halcyon days.....

In keeping with the recent early Saracen finds on here:

somewhere back in my did and distant past as a horney 16 year old, I remember these. So, £20 at a recent carboot sale bagged me one.

The new pub bike.

400LX in all its glory, frame number on the canti stop saracen bars/ stem, Tange dubble bubble tubes and a brilliant paint scheme with the company's marketing splurge all over it.

Just waiting for me to build the wheels up and a few other jobs to finish.

Incidently, a friend at the time had the alu box tubed e-stay (Kili flyer?) with the exact same colour scheme - never seen one since.

Attachments

• DSC01491.JPG
    DSC01491.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 2,719
legrandefromage":3jiy83ui said:
Incidently, a friend at the time had the alu box tubed e-stay (Kili flyer?) with the exact same colour scheme - never seen one since.

My memory is hazy but I thought the square tubed bike was the Conquest, in bare alu but with the same graphics. The Kili Flyer that year (i'm thinking '91 here) was blue with yellow forks but AFAIK was round tubes like my Saracen

same graphics as yours/ colour as mine but defo box tubing - I remember because the mech hanger had been bent so many times it was about to let go (SS Estay anyone?)

legrandefromage":2e00uf14 said:
same graphics as yours/ colour as mine but defo box tubing - I remember because the mech hanger had been bent so many times it was about to let go (SS Estay anyone?)

I've lost more brain cells than I thought then :shock: :LOL:

Bloody hell, another one! When will I find an 89 Tufftrax in blue? I loved that bike and I won't be happy til I find another one.
Si

Considering they were relatively common here in the late 80's early 90's I'm amazed there aren't more around. They can't have all broke cos the Tange one's were built like tanks......even more annoying is the total lack of original catalogues for these damn things...........and to think one stupid MoFo (yes...me :oops: :oops: ) threw a bunch of them away 10 years ago....

Dr S":yxisgaxl said:
Bloody hell, another one! When will I find an 89 Tufftrax in blue? I loved that bike and I won't be happy til I find another one.
Si

Er... I er... um... nicked a back wheel off one of those in Brighton. It had been locked up and left for about a year. :shock: :oops: :oops:

Thats a Bargain and looks in really good condition. I am currently building and restoring a 91. The paintwork still giving a shine when polished :cool: I love the made in England decals on it......... means a lot to me :LOL:

I have seen a few old saracens being ridden latley, I saw a purpley one with a massive frame and the old 89 logo's and i saw a pale blue one locked up in wandworth south london again with the older logo's

They certainly dont make them like they used too !

Back