guybe's 1998 Cannondale F800

guybe

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello

I have completed my Cannondale recently this month, I owned this bike since from new since 1999 in the sale from my LBS, after putting new colour on frame and forks and some new parts, it have a mixture of retro and modern parts on the bike, I am pretty happy with it so far but not sure with the silver decals and wished I went for black ones, maybe changed the saddle and put on bigger tyres later on? Hope to hear some comments of what you think of it.

Frame: 1998 Cannondale F800
Fork: Fatty Head Shok
Headset: Coda
Stem: Coda
Handlebar: BBB riser
Grips: Push foam
Brakes: Avid 2.0
Brake Pads: Avid
Brake Levers: Avid SD-1.9L
Shifters : SRAM 0.9
Front Derailleur: SRAM X.7
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.7
Cassette: SRAM 9 speed
Chain: SRAM
Cranks: Coda
Chainrings: Specialites 44, 34, 24
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN54
Pedals: DMR V12
Hub Skewers: Shimano XT
Rims: Mavic
Hubs: Shimano XT
Tyres: Continental Cross Country 26 x 1.5
Saddle: Charge Dirt
Seatpost: BBB
Seatpost clamp: Hope

Attachments

• cannondale 4.jpg
    cannondale 4.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 9,226
  • cannondale 3.jpg
    cannondale 3.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 9,227
  • cannondale 2.jpg
    cannondale 2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 9,227
  • cannondale 1.jpg
    cannondale 1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 9,227
need fatter tyre's defo....i would fit some irc's (were they called mountain rockets?) as they always seem to go with dale's really well.

I have the same tire's lying around in my shed. Terrible cornering and they need a lot of pressure which has the negative result of no comfort. I would recommend you a 1.8 tire rear like Nobby Nic, this will provide you more stability and comfort. Up front you could use the 2.1 version.

grtz
Gène

Super clean build, agree with you about the saddle summat nice and racy would be great :cool: whats the weight? should be light too?

Back