Peaks 2008 Route Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can think of a fair few riders who won't thank me for pushing them off the top of Cavedale (twenty year old frames notwithstanding)...

However if you are putting on a trials show for us - I'm sure you'll have an appreciative audience... ;-)

Capt K

Attachments

• Cavedale.jpg
    Cavedale.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,337
Re: .

mrkawasaki":g8nh1frm said:
I can think of a fair few riders who won't thank me for pushing them off the top of Cavedale (twenty year old frames notwithstanding)...

Capt K

And you've posted a pic of one of the easy bits...and it's DRY!

050511_rfoster_mp_his_cas_pev074.jpg

Si F

Cavedale is brilliant if Caveldale is the gnarly stuff up the left side of Peveril Castle that gets you up and across towards Eldon Quarry....correct?

You simply cannot ride some of it but it gets better ;)

I can't find any pics that really show it in it's true light. One of the problems is it's well worn limestone, so really slippy in the wet, whereas much of the Dark Peak (Beast etc) is gritstone, which is much easier to ride.

Obviously the pics suggest otherwise, but Cavedale is seldom dry. It is the one beside Peveril Castle.

Most of it is pretty rideable, but there are a few spots where it's pretty much impossible to get going once you've got a foot down, especially with SPDs and a high saddle....

Si F

the beast video below. Comes off the top of the moors over near Ladybower/Derwent and ends up down by the reservoir somewhere...

http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/images/the_beast_1.wmv

Not a patch on Cavedale though. Seems to be favourite of people who ride Speccy enduros, or santa cruz's and think that getting down it should be some sort of challenge on a 5+" travel bike...

Not dissing it - it's a fun trail, but far from the hardest routes in the Peak...
(makes a good climb....)

Si F

The Beast looks fun, relentless but fun....wouldn't fancy it on an old Pace though, looks like frame snapping torture for an alu hardtail :shock:

neilll":3nzl6qr7 said:
The Beast looks fun, relentless but fun....wouldn't fancy it on an old Pace though, looks like frame snapping torture for an alu hardtail :shock:

I think Cavedale may actually be kinder to your bike, as you won't be going that quick on the harsh bits :D

(especially if walking...)

Si F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back