Aquafade Wicked Fat Chance

aside from the class paint & build that you showed me earlier this week mike i gotta say you could probably get a job in photography with pics like that :D

scant":18yz9qnv said:
aside from the class paint & build that you showed me earlier this week mike i gotta say you could probably get a job in photography with pics like that :D

Shoot, all photography is learning the right photoshop tricks. And at that, I'm still an amateur.

Thanks tho ;)

Very very nice Mike

Fun to read it was Jez' Yo that inspired you to own an Aquamarine fade FAT some day. For me it was a Aquafade Wicked Lite that inspired me to acquire my current Yo. The WL was for sale in a shop in Holland. It was for sale for decades. One day I decided I should finally get it. Turns out the previous owner picked the bike up the afternoon before, telling he would never ever consider selling it again... Bad luck for me, lucky previous owner. 2 weeks later I were highest bidder on my current Yo. Had to go trough the hassle of getting it here from Boston, but I didn't care. I had to have it.

Very nice.Just building a Yo up at the mo in aquafade,although the colours on mine aren't quite right,yours looks pretty good to me.

MJN":26k4bqyf said:
Very nice.Just building a Yo up at the mo in aquafade,although the colours on mine aren't quite right,yours looks pretty good to me.

Interesting. I was immediately disappointed with my fade upon arrival as I was hoping for more of a relaxed fade ala Jez's or Mel's. But now this is growing on me :) For a respray, I think they did a great job.

My respray isn't quite right,probably a bit too pastley and a bit too much blue to be original,but I do really like it,when its finished will post some pics,see what you think.

MJN":1uepvjhp said:
My respray isn't quite right,probably a bit too pastley and a bit too much blue to be original,but I do really like it,when its finished will post some pics,see what you think.

I dont think you can mess up an aquafade, especially since the factory paint jobs different from bike to bike... I've seen factory jobs identical to mine, and then I've seen ones just like yours.

Great build....love the tires.

It looks more two tone than fade, but that's just being picky...which I don't do well.

Back