1992 Rocky Mountain Cirrus

RockiMtn":tptthof4 said:
i'm thinking of sourcing a race face turbine lp crankset and slapping it on. silver cranks arms and black rings. what do ppl think? is there anything i have to worry about when i finding a set to fit onto my bike?

1st gen Turbine LP's needed between a 107.0 and a 113.0 mm BB.

sorry, so what does that mean? if my bb axel is between 107.0 and 113.0 mm, i should be okay???

my bb is (should) be a stock xt bb. built in 1995 so it should be from that gen (with parallax hubs).

RockiMtn":1eyj9rb6 said:
sorry, so what does that mean? if my bb axel is between 107.0 and 113.0 mm, i should be okay???

my bb is (should) be a stock xt bb. built in 1995 so it should be from that gen (with parallax hubs).

Should be fine in that range. Though no stay clearances to worry about, just chainline (which I never fin makes much difference for a few mm +/-)

Get the cranks, chuck em on. Will be fine :)

that's assuming i can find a set that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! :LOL:

if i find just a set of crank arms, would my XT chainrings fit on them?

RockiMtn":1aw6gxts said:
if i find just a set of crank arms, would my XT chainrings fit on them?

Yes if they are 110 bcd (your rings most likely are, just make sure you buy 110 bcd cranks ;) )

yeah, unfortunately none are in silver. and lots of ppl won't ship out of the USA. how hard is it to buff the anodized colour off the arms and polish it to silver?

as well, how are the Race Face chainrings compared to my stock XT chainrings?

dunno, I'm happy with the look and performance of the stock XT crank and chainrings I have on now, but always liked the race face cranks back then when i first had the bike built but didn't go through with it do to budget.

Kona Paul":3cmfq3qt said:
Pretty international forum, and you aren't the only canuck here (meaning myself, though I live in Denmark.)

Whatcha doing in Denmark? And how long have you been there?

Latest posts

Back