My New Bike - 1992 GT Karakoram

retrojon

Retro Guru
Been looking for one of these for a while now. Had to pay over the odds, but it is in better condition than I expected.

Everything looks original. Need some bar ends though. Thinking black Onzas with the small bend.

Attachments

• Karakoram small.JPG
    Karakoram small.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 1,505
That's lurvly :D

Same year as my Avalanche – but you've got the complete factory spec. I'm missing the flipflop stem for the avalanche, and l'd love to get hold of a GT-branded Regal saddle.

V. nice indeed. Don't know about Porcupines, fairly sure the correct tyre of choice for that is a ritchey megabite (good luck finding some though)

My favorite stock GT colour scheme by far. I turned one down recently cos i had no money :( , no where near as good as yours though. Bikes are worth what your willing to pay and this is worth it to you :D

I used to have a '93 model, but always wanted the '92.

The tyres are Cheng Shin ditch seekers, or something that sounds similar. I'll stick some Z max on it.

does the stem click?...mine did ...drove me batty...pootling along ...quiet country lane...click .......arrrgghhh..love the paint job by the way.....my fav gt cept the tie jobbie.

Back