94 Cinder Cone, think its finished now

i've had both a control tech and an american classic Ti in 26.8, so they are out there. unfortunately i sold the CT, and the AC is on my bike, so i cant help you any further :(

Sweet :D

Really like the bike :shock:

I bought a raceface xo (newer style) from CRC in 26.8 - just as a thought? :?

Sweet bike - zoom post and all!

Roox do a nice post in silver. Looks a little like a USE.

Beautiful bike by the way, I've being waiting to see this finished.

That looks awesome :D Nice work Jones :cool:

I had one BITD, until the frame broke at the driveside chainstay.... Got a warranty replacement of a 98 CinderCone frame in the eggplant colour. Never even thought about getting it fixed at the time (only 17)

I hated the deep flat purple after the glossy metallic bronze on the 94 :( I think I've just about got used to it....

Don't get me wrong, I love how it feels and rides, but everytime I see a 94 C/Cone on here I want it! :oops: there's just something about it that looks "right".

the ring

I'm one of thoose who can dig a upswept bar, on some bikes with a little longer stem that just feels more comfy.

And the big chainring doesn't that have something to do with that it has the older shimano system? not the compact things we have now? I just bought a 93ish with the old LX and those look kinda big to...

Very very nice, I can understand the attention this is getting, rightfully that is.

And I dig mixing modern parts done with riding in mind, it makes the bike "alive". And I found upsweep is not just more comfy, it suits me for sharp steering in technical singletrack. I never really thought about it until I rode a straight bar in anger for a few weeks. Reverting back to bars with up/back sweep was an eye opener.

And I have to say it again, this is one smoooth build. It makes me really anticipate the Kona frame I just picked up on the Bay. And apologies for a small highjack, but is the seatpost in the '93 Explosif also 26.8mm?

TIA

Back