Intense Carbine 275 - UPDATED; INTENSE T275C

Factory Jackson

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've been mainly showing updates on my 1993 Marin Team Issue in the pre '97 area of the forum.
However I thought it best to update in this section what I use as a regular ride.

So, this is my BABY. This is a 2013 Intense Carbine. Designed in the US, Engineered in Germany and like all others, fabricated in the Far East.
All alu hardware was manufactured in Temecula CA.
The shock I have had specially tuned for this frame while away being serviced. All bearings have been replaced to Enduro Bearings.

I started off in 26" guise.
36's, Easton wheels, Saint Brakes, Fizik Saddle, alu Easton Post/Bars, 3x9 XT/LX drivetrain.
IMG_0954 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_0953 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_0952 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_1080 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

With my now sadly gone Intense 951. God I miss that bike :(
Certainly was a One Off. It had custom geometry, suspension tune, brakes, hubs, rims and many other 'unable to buy' parts. But lack of use forced a sale. Booo.

IMG_1043 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

The beauty of these frames though is you can update to 27.5" (extended replaceable dropouts and disc mounts)

So.... during this summer the switch to the larger wheel size was made:

1x10 XT Drivetrain, Hope T-Rex, Hope Retainer ring, SIXC Cranks, Crank Bros Wheels, Onza Skinwall Tyres (YES, keeping it on the retro look theme !!! ), new Fizik Saddle, Easton Carbon Bars, Saint Brakes upgraded with SwissStop pads and the obligatory Pike forks and RS Reverb set up:

IMG_3556 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_3557 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_3574 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_3574 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr
IMG_3569 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

Next on the WISH LIST is a T275C Carbon frame in Matte Black. It should be a fairly simple frame swap on this one. Headset, BB, Wheels etc should swap over without hassle. Although a stealth RS Reverb will be on the cards.
This frame maybe up for sale if interest is out there??

Anyway, all comments greatly appreciated.

cheers
Chris

Re: Intense Carbine 275

Hmmmm, that's lovely. I do like these.

Do you notice much difference with the 650b wheels?

Mindmap3":2mirw31o said:
Hmmmm, that's lovely. I do like these.

Do you notice much difference with the 650b wheels?

Cheers.

Definitely noticeable. I tried out a Carbine 29, but to be honest, the big wheels just don't do it for me. They were great on the ups, but when things start heading downhill I couldn't have fun on the bike. I couldn't get it to flick out of berms, and I felt uncomfortable in the air.
I'm sure some love 29ers, but for me and the riding I do I didn't get on with them.

Getting back to a 26" afterwards did feel like jumping on a BMX. A BMX that was rubbish at climbing.
The 650b wheels to me have almost the positives of a 29" wheel in terms of climbing and the positives of a 26" wheel when going down. A WIN WIN.
No going back for me.

racefacecannondale":2mirw31o said:
I do like that nice looking bike. Why the frame change though ?

Racing some Gravity Enduros this year and fancy something a bit more 'full on'. Not that the Carbine cant handle it. Also a bit of a tart and fancy the latest model :)

I do like these, one is on my current list - I like how you can run 26" if you want...even though looks liek 650b seems the way forward.

:shock: That is possibly one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Absolutely bloomin gorgeous :cool: !

Latest posts

Back