97' Pace RC200

Last one I saw on the bay went for £270. I think that's a fair value, as a rule of thumb I try and pay 1/3 of the original cost and at most 1/2 for BNIB or hens teeth stuff. However this could all change for a grey RC200F1 (with the square seat tube). :LOL:

yep - Pace's of all types tend to sell for £280-£350 mark for frames - Ive sold three now in the last 2 years - all pretty awesome condition. These were F7s and one F8 so in theory not the earliest examples.

I still have my 18" F4 in silver with full ti bolt kit and crud catcher etc. I would sell I but I'd rather keep it for nostalgic value. Maybe build it up again one day.

Not sure about covering alloy tubes with vaseline? Pace silver frames have been anodised silver anyway - protecting it from oxidisation. Maybe if it had been stripped right down to nowt/bare alloy I cant see how it would actually make a difference...

i was wondering why he did the vas , ,always thought they were hard anodized

going along the lines of £300 / £350

The Pace frame is quite addictive. I've tried to keep mine in decent condition and I'd cut my finger off rather than sell it. I have looked at a couple of secondhand RC200 framesets which have been quite battered which people have being asking a premium for and could not justify spending silly money on just to build up a second Pace bike that I could properly abuse.
It took me quite a while to get used to my RC-200 when I first brought is as it turned in a lot quicker than any other frame I'd had previously and I found myself contiously making myself turn later. It is quite punishing on a day ride as the frame does not absorb any vibrations like my previous steel framed bikes did.
I know when I brought mine that it was mentioned that quite a few got exported to the states.

Back