Olympics: Cycling

Hoy 3 golds! and a Silver for Jason Kenny - and gold for pendelton too. Isn't this a brilliant olympics!

Mark Cavendish is the only member of the track team not to win a medal :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

REKIBorter":p88ivzmd said:
Mark Cavendish is the only member of the track team not to win a medal :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thats a bit unfair IMO. He sacrificed further personal success (and future reward) in TdF to prepare for the Olympics and comes away with nothing. But he still has the Worlds to aim for.

I'm sure he makes himself feel better by reminding himself of the 4 stage wins on the tour, which will take some beating :cool:

So?

So if success is finance dependent why are we so crap at athletics?and why are the ethiopians and kenyans so good?

Well done to all, just shows what teamwork and a good work ethic can achieve - forget the primo athletes on the track! So cool, now if only we could win a muddy cycling gold...

MadCowKev":1wb8h8bb said:
REKIBorter":1wb8h8bb said:

Thats a bit unfair IMO. He sacrificed further personal success (and future reward) in TdF to prepare for the Olympics and comes away with nothing. But he still has the Worlds to aim for.

Yeah, I actually don't mind the guy.
Yes he is full of himself. Yes he is cocky. But hey, hes young at at the top of his career to date, and he is damn good. Why cannot we back our great sportsmen, regardless of personality? To get in the position he is as a sprinter, you almost need to be cocky and pushy.

I feel a bit sorry for him at the olympics, only event he entered and they bombed. Shame I didn't get to see it.

I really don't think he left the Tour for the olympics - he looked to be struggling in the mountains and may not have made it on the bus back..
Had he left early, I expect he would have been more p ssd.

Overall though, great cycling performance by GB. I find it makes me want to go out and ride more!!! :)

Re: Winning Gold

amt27":2ikjkjbw said:
Wold Ranger":2ikjkjbw said:
Makes me proud to be a life long cyclist (and ex rower and yachtsman too) and see Our Lads and Lasses dominate in the drome but beggers the question why we cannot achieve more in other sports disciplines?
Sort of dreading the MTB tho :( Perhaps we should ride it fixed on slicks :D

cos they are elitist sports that only a few countries compete in, if we throw enough money at them we are guaranteed a decent return,

I despair at this country sometimes I really do. When australia or usa dominate swimming for example everyone seems to think well done and why cant we win medals like that.

So finally peter keen and dave brailsford come in with a win above all atittude and all of a sudden we are a winning nation at sport, and yet still people come out with statements like above :evil: allways something to moan about, every silver lining has a cloud doesn't it?

Quite frankly we don't deserve such a fantastic effort from a superb team.

Back