Retrobike Meet NW England - September 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one of his route finder rides

dr_dre_118.jpg
[/img]

Get yourself there its a great social fun ride /event not a race

Any bike disclosures or top secret? ;)

Will prolly be the Buck for me. Complete with 6" seat/bar drop :)

Just tryin to finish building a Yo Eddie,snspping a canti mount hasn't sped the process up though :( Should be able to machine myself a couple of new ones tommorrow :D A big saddle to bar drop completes a retro perfectly(and makes riding in the peaks alot more interesting!)

gump":3ny8jrpe said:

I'm bringing the LTS :cool:

Just realised that it'll be my "Anniversary ride" as I will have been a member of Retrobike for 1 year on the Sunday :shock:

Attachments

• DSC00220.JPG
    DSC00220.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,564
gump":3lblfot8 said:

Convention dictates that bike choice and build all sorted at least two weeks before event, several rides to bed everything in then night before a mild fettle turns into changing cassette and preferably also messing with the cantis (the more advanced also change the b/b for a shorter axle and then need to use shims to achieve fag paper clearance on the left hand chainstay). Preferably this all happens after a couple of glasses of wine using an intermittent headtorch as illumination and an adjustable spanner to leave the nuts smoothly rounded for the next day. Then the ride is filled with despair and regret about the folly of your previous nights actions. Or is this just me?

I have no idea what bike I'm bringing but there are several contenders that might just need a little tweak ......

gump":3lblfot8 said:
Will prolly be the Buck for me. Complete with 6" seat/bar drop :)

Is there a prize for greatest saddle to bar drop? If not, there should be

ededwards":34151oug said:
night before a mild fettle turns into changing cassette and preferably also messing with the cantis (the more advanced also change the b/b for a shorter axle and then need to use shims to achieve fag paper clearance on the left hand chainstay).

Then the ride is filled with despair and regret about the folly of your previous nights actions.

As per Wales, leading to effective SS riding ;)

I myself have tweaked the LTS, done one bedding in ride, and I'm now going to leave it alone....no touchy :LOL:

ededwards":3iwp6xoc said:
I have no idea what bike I'm bringing but there are several contenders that might just need a little tweak ......

Only one option for me and that STILL isn't ready :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fingers crossed eh :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back