Shorts?

neilll":jr6koed4 said:
letmetalktomark":jr6koed4 said:
Also do people use cream :oops: :?

I've spent up to 8 hours in the saddle on Long Distance routes and never bothered....nothing got worn away :LOL:

I think my Alfie is proof that nowt gets worn away, and thats after 16 years of riding ;)

used to wear lycra alot when i was younger but i feel to fat n sweaty in them now so usually waer quality padded under shorts and baggyish shorts and sometimes 3/4s lycra underneath.dont wear jerseys anymore either,but only cos my retrobike one aint here yet ;)

So the baggy style shorts, do they have inserts or are you expected to buy standard lycra stuff too? I was thinking (out of public decency more than anything), to start wearing baggies. If You have to wear lycra as well, I'll carry on risking arrest and stick with the lycra!

Iwasgoodonce":23502w37 said:
So the baggy style shorts, do they have inserts or are you expected to buy standard lycra stuff too? I was thinking (out of public decency more than anything), to start wearing baggies. If You have to wear lycra as well, I'll carry on risking arrest and stick with the lycra!

Some baggies come with a seperate padded lycra inner short, Endura Humvee is a good example, the inner clips into the waist band of the outer short. The good thing about this is you can wear any lycra short under the outer baggy shorts including bib shorts. Personally I wear lycra shorts for riding my road bike and baggies when riding off road. It feels right plus the baggies offer a bit more protection and are less prone to damage from trailside hazards.

Cheers for the advice folks.

Pickle - I like the Endura Firefly shorts - is the inner short a good fit? I have a pair now (Nike) and the inner short padded bit is a bit baggy :oops: :roll:

Bibbed shorts look like an option too with some baggier shorts (non lined) over the top.

Good advice guys :D

letmetalktomark":1v4vk732 said:
Pickle - I like the Endura Firefly shorts - is the inner short a good fit? I have a pair now (Nike) and the inner short padded bit is a bit baggy :oops: :roll:

The inner is a nice snug fit. Its lycra, with nice grippy leg bands to stop them riding up and a good size chamious pad.

They also have a zip fly at the front, and the lycra shorts have a slightly dipped front so not issues when you want to pee. Also, good deep pockets on both sides. The look just like normal shorts :D

Back