two for the price of one

THWANG-666

Senior Retro Guru
as you can see on the other topic (readers bikes) what lenght travel forks can i use on the bikes would it be 50mm max or maybe a bit more than that

No, suspension is not possible ;)

I once put a LT Manitou (100mm) on a non corrected Miyata and I ended up with a bike that doesn't excel on singletrack and looks a bit weird. Nevertheless it still does a good job on other tracks, but I would get rid of the fork if that particular Miyata was my only bike.

If you go for a fork with max 50mm, consider: What decent fork do you know? I have a RondWP HydroPro2, what I consider one of the nicest with about 50mm travel, but I would be equally happy with a rigid fork.

THWANG-666":2i6udns3 said:
as you can see on the other topic (readers bikes) what lenght travel forks can i use on the bikes would it be 50mm max or maybe a bit more than that

Since you've got the original forks for both bikes I'd leave them rigid :D
If you do decide on running suspension as you suggest running something with short travel (50 or 60mm) would be the way to go. Judging by their vintage neither would have suspension corrected geometry.

i,ve found some rock shox quadra 21,s would they be ok to fit the diamond back i think i will leave the alpine as it is.

THWANG-666":iwv2tzv5 said:
i,ve found some rock shox quadra 21,s would they be ok to fit the diamond back i think i will leave the alpine as it is.

Like Elev12k says just try it. If it rides like a dog with the quadras on then flog 'em.

Latest posts

Back