Moth 30 Pre Amp with 2 Mono Block Amps & Phono Stage option

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
I have an early nineties Walnut-fascia Moth pre-amp and two black fascia Moth mono block amplifiers for sale. Not in pristine cosmetic condition and obviously not a match as far as the fascias go, but working extremely well. Not overly powerful, giving a crisp and detailed sound (as much as one can tell from swapping amps whilst keeping source and speakers the same!).

Please note that the four rubber feet on each case has perished or melted become something of a sticky mess. I haven't attempted to remove or clean them up - I'm guessing there is a solvent that would do the job?

I'm sure LGF can recommend these neat amps...?!

REDUCED to £200 posted within the UK.

Background reading:
http://www.stancurtis.com/downloads.htm
http://www.stancurtis.com/Moth%20pics/M ... ew%201.pdf

Also for sale:

Moth 30 MM / MC Phono stage with outboard PSU. Black fascia. Classic phono stage as designed by Stan Curtis in the 1990s. This is the upgraded unit with outboard PSU - £125 posted within the UK.

REDUCED package deal for all the Moth equipment listed above - £300 posted within the UK.

Coming soon - a pair of uber obscure Kelvin Labs mono blocks!

Attachments

• Moth 30 Library A.jpg
    Moth 30 Library A.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2,794
  • Moth 30 Library Shot.jpg
    Moth 30 Library Shot.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2,794
^ So the Moth stuff in this thread is not subject to the power of 'dib'??! This is all a tad too Mornington Crescent methinks. Let's leave future dibbing aside and go one sale thread at a time please!

only expressing my serious interest in the kelvin labs as i used to own some. i thought the "dib" was the generally accepted gentlemanly way to conduct oneself. my bad

^ Not having a dig - it may have been confusing to other parties interested in the sale of the Moths in this instance.

Personally I prefer old fashioned PMs to dibs - I don't think the first person to dib any of my sale items over the years has ever actually concluded on the sale, hence it puts off other potential buyers. PM me if you want some photos of the Kelvins.

Re:

Had a very good couple of weeks for sales in my shop and feeling flush - so potential interest in the job lot.

Would you consider shipping to Denmark? I guess it'd be a heavy package so costs might be prohibitive.

Posting this as a public post in case any other overseas folks are interested........

Back