USERNAMES!!!

I used to have the old Pace top and leggings, which was all black with a refective pace logo.

Back in the day when I used to race juniors I was the same height as now, 6,4" but I used to weigh 11 stone.

My dad heard a couple of eager parents watching the race and commenting that I should go up a cat, like a pro. One of the other parents said I was a streak of piss more like a crow.

And the rest is history ;)

Hi, mine is the result of a bit difficult registration process :) Originally it was Pluto - as I simply like the old cartoon character.
It was blocked on a first trial.
Then I tried wooly rhino, which is en exhibit in London's Natural History Museum and I liked the name of it.
Blocked on a second trial.
Wooly pluto was just perfect, and didn't block :)

Attachments

• P1013528a.JPG
    P1013528a.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,757
Most of my bikes are from the 1990's, and I have a lot of fond memories from that time...a time when mountain bike shops and companies were exploding...to the point that it became an Olympic sport in 1996.

walking into a bike shop, and every bike mfg had their own distinct look/geometry/colors...

I read Zappata Espinoza's Op Ed piece in Mountain Bike magazine every month, along with the rest of the mag from cover to cover.

biking 60 miles of trail and street in a day was nothing, and hanging out at the LBS was a great way to pass the time.

I could go on and on, but ah yes, it was the Golden Era for Mountain Bikes

GoldenEraMTB":33ws5780 said:
Most of my bikes are from the 1990's, and I have a lot of fond memories from that time...a time when mountain bike shops and companies were exploding...to the point that it became an Olympic sport in 1996.

walking into a bike shop, and every bike mfg had their own distinct look/geometry/colors...

I read Zappata Espinoza's Op Ed piece in Mountain Bike magazine every month, along with the rest of the mag from cover to cover.

biking 60 miles of trail and street in a day was nothing, and hanging out at the LBS was a great way to pass the time.

Yup, that is true mate. In the middle of '90 I was about 15-16 and rode my steel Mongoose Hilltopper everyday (I still regret selling it, stupid me...). Back then I had a friend in Germany who was sending me Bike magazine every month which was like a Bible full of anodised parts and very special bikes. At school age these were things which we could only dream of (some even were on exhibition in local shops with enormously huge price tags), so now I make my young dreams come true :)

wooly pluto":a9y4qzgr said:
GoldenEraMTB":a9y4qzgr said:

Yup, that is true mate. In the middle of '90 I was about 15-16 and rode my steel Mongoose Hilltopper everyday (I still regret selling it, stupid me...). Back then I had a friend in Germany who was sending me Bike magazine every month which was like a Bible full of anodised parts and very special bikes. At school age these were things which we could only dream of (some even were on exhibition in local shops with enormously huge price tags), so now I make my young dreams come true :)

Yes! I had a black Mongoose Hilltopper SX as well. Bought it in 1994, and promptly swapped out the Alivio Groupset for a Deore LX set that was all black like the bike, along with a control tech quill stem. I sold it in order to get my first Stumpjumper.

A couple weeks ago, there was a Hilltopper from the same year in almost NOS condition on ebay...yes, I bid on it, but let it go when it went over $140- I'll just keep my memories.

Mine was rigid, I suppose SX had suspension fork, am I right? Later I changed to A-head but stayed with rigid fork as it was cheaper :)))) Frame was welded from Tange tubes and had wonderful geometry - back from my memory. OK, let's get back to usernames, cheers :)

on every other forum i go on its tamtruk1
but as i tried to register on here with a aol email using that name it wont let me use it now :cry: :cry:
so i was thinking what i could use when my dog jumped on me
3 guesses as to his name and breed lol

rob

wooly pluto":1ldz1g7g said:
Mine was rigid, I suppose SX had suspension fork, am I right? Later I changed to A-head but stayed with rigid fork as it was cheaper :)))) Frame was welded from Tange tubes and had wonderful geometry - back from my memory. OK, let's get back to usernames, cheers :)

You are correct :D
and with that...back to usernames.

Mine was quite simple, i sold my fat years ago and missed it. Now i have it back. :D

Only later realised that it could be mistaken for me being of the fairer sex, which i am not!

Back