Kona Kula Dog Rescue

Yetinut":15sug016 said:
Thats a cool idea........i've got a dead M2 frame that I might do that to.......be interesting to see inside one of those ;)

Possible PotM theme "Wall-art Frames" ? :D
Anyway ; I have found a painter who claims he can do mine justice ; so next step is to make sure Gil_m has the right stickers before I take all the paint off.

Great project - same as my beginning one. I'm actually also looking for a painter, who can mix the exact - AWSOME - colour. Probably I'll only get the worst scratches fixed and keep the rest of the paint.

Good luck with it; it's a very cool bike!

ChefKoch":3sl39f8g said:
Great project - same as my beginning one. I'm actually also looking for a painter, who can mix the exact - AWSOME - colour. Probably I'll only get the worst scratches fixed and keep the rest of the paint.

Good luck with it; it's a very cool bike!
Thanks ; this is actually my first ever respray and indeed first restoration so I'm up against the fear barrier -- part of me says to do the same as you and just get the bad bits done so as to keep the rest original. But ; lot of salt in the air here so the other part says to bare metal it and get new paint. **Procrastinate Mode Enabled**

kampos":bsgpkqnj said:
**Procrastinate Mode Enabled**
Wow ; it's been a while ; never did find a paint match but DID find another frame with better overall paint so I built that instead :facepalm:
So spec as it stands right now :
Frame:Easton Elite aluminium 20"

Fork:Kona Project 2

Headset:Kona Impact
Stem:Syncros 150mm x 0 deg
Handlebar:Kona Race Light EA70
Grips:Yeti
Barends:X-Lite

Brakes:Shimano M739
Brake Pads:Shimano M739
Brake Cables:Shimano XT
Cantilever cable hangers:n/a
Brake Levers:Shimano M739

Shifters:Shimano SL M740
Front Derailleur:Shimano XT M737(Ti fixing bolt)
Rear Derailleur:Shimano XT M739(Middleburn alloy bolt ; Tune alloy jockey wheel bolts)
Derailleur Cables:Shimano SP41
Cassette:Shimano M 737 11-30
Chain:Shimano IG70
Cranks:Shimano XT M739 5-arm (1997 D'oh!)
Crank Bolts:SRP Ti
Chainrings:Goldtec 44T Vuelta 34T Shimano XT 22t
Chainring bolts:Middleburn outer ; Shimano inner
Bottom Bracket:Shimano BB-UN72
Pedals:Tioga Surefoot 31

Hub Skewers:Shimano XT M737
Rims:Mavic 217
Hubs:XT M737/8 (Alloy front spindle)
Nipples:Brass
Spokes:unknown Stainless
Tyres:Schwalbe Durano S 26x1.10
Tubes:Continental Race 26

Saddle:NC-17 Ti
Seatpost:Kona O-Beam
Seatpost Binder:Kona

Weight:9.6Kg/21.12 Lb.
Used it mainly on the road ; as you can imagine with those tyres :oops: -- although I did carry it over a muddy puddle once when a shortcut didn't work out. Pretty racey feel to it ; very direct and no flex at all. Thought I should get a post up as most of the parts will soon be robbed for a frame that's incoming.

Nice build but I have to ask looking at the frame size, seatpost, stem etc do you play professional Basketball?

Bullpup":1xdb64ej said:
Nice build but I have to ask looking at the frame size, seatpost, stem etc do you play professional Basketball?
Heh ; no chance I'm only 6' 5" ;)

Back