he thinks its a bear valley, but im not sure

Attachments

• IMG00011-20120719-1759.jpg
    IMG00011-20120719-1759.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 1,558
Staniland":114rqzq6 said:
Sorry to hijack, but id like to ID this frame for a friend

he thinks its a bear valley, but im not sure

That looks like a 1993 Bobcat Trail if the headtube sticker and Rockstar stickers on the forks are green.... However the seat stays appear to be "AfterBurners" and if memory serves me well Bobcats didn't have Afterburners in 1993. If the stickers are blue then it's a Muirwoods.

Rich

Time to update a long overdue thread....I've dug the BV out of storage with the intention of selling on as I'm not using it and it'd be good for someone else to use/abuse & appreciate it.

Managed to collect a few original bits over the years - wheels/tyres/saddle and I've upgraded a few bits with period correct parts, DX cantis, LX brake/shifter units, 500lx rear mech.

Just needs a rear brake cable fitting, pedals re-fitting & some foam bar grips & she's good to go (oh and a damn good pre-sale clean!)

Spent a couple of hours yesterday morning finishing off the BV. Fitted some new foam grips, a rear brake cable and dug the pedals out of the spares box (I store all my bikes with out the pedals to make best use of the space!).

Then spent a while giving everything a good clean and lube...dodging a hail shower in the process (gotta love this time of year!)

sherlylock":1bcqedo4 said:
keny":1bcqedo4 said:
That`s a sweet looking ride

Cheers! Just need to set her up and ride for a bit......before possibly selling on :(

What tires do you have on that?

And I would be glad to just buy the stem you did buy from Whayne :D

keny":2ksnwuq5 said:
sherlylock":2ksnwuq5 said:
keny":2ksnwuq5 said:
That`s a sweet looking ride

Cheers! Just need to set her up and ride for a bit......before possibly selling on :(

What tires do you have on that?

And I would be glad to just buy the stem you did buy from Whayne :D

Marin Pro Combo tyres - which were standard fit to the lower end Marin bikes of that era.

Seeing if I can find another stem - seems a shame to respray the one I have as it's such good condition....will let you know.

Back