On One Parkwood

Re:

I first tried Maxxis UST tyres, with Joe's sealant in case of thorns, on Mavic Crosstrail UST wheels about 4 yrs ago - quite easy to do & brilliant performance.
Recently converted some 650b Mavic 319s with a Stans kit & Schwalbe 2.35 t/r tyres - also easy/brilliant. Holds air longer than tubes. Seems just as good as a UST system but I'm probably lucky that the rim/tyre combo worked well together.
Am sold on tubeless, have a spare UST Maxxis that I'm going to try using with a ghetto conversion (cut down a 20" tube) on a rear Mavic 261 rim. Am not expecting this to be quite as easy as the other 2 but worth a try. Don't think I'd try non t/r tyres without tubes though, especially on the front where it could be very unpleasant if it let go suddenly.
Being 10.5 stone & generally light on equipment probably helps though!

P.S. Looking fwd to a local ride soon you SW guys.

Re:

Bicton Bash today.. meant to be a thirty miler with 90% off road.. more like 2/3rd on road and 20 miles as some idiot took down signs.

Bike was great as usual. Probably my last big (ish) ride before a knee op. Bye bye summer..

Went on a jaunt around Dartmoor today. Loving being back on the bike even if the knee is still knacked!

Changed the 50mm to a 60mm stem, thomson layback post and has specialized storm mud tyre ready for winter on it. Should put some tubeless wheels on it next but happy with it how it is at the mo really. Just does a good job. Love this bike.

Dartmoor is such a beautiful place. Love it.

Back