Who's actually going to SITS then? *PICS NOW ACTUALLY ADDED*

alwayshorizontal":18eytx2f said:
8. No-one really complaining (maybe excluding me) about the at times hideous track conditions.

hmm, not sure MrK would agree with that statement after riding a lap with me. :roll:

My highs and lows:

Highs:

*The great RB spirit (myself not included ;) ) always makes these things worthwhile.

*Hanging out at USE on the only sofa at the event and eating dohnuts and catching up with old friends - better than racing - thanks boys.

*1.5in Schwalbe Black Shark Mud tyres - they're the nuts. The ONLY tyre that actually works in such awful conditions. Might as well re badge it as a UK race tyre more than a mud tyre - means the same thing. :roll:

*Heathy's ever increasing grin even given the impending doom of weather as it got worse and worse. Got to keep him away from energy gels.

*USE Exposure Joystick light - brilliant.

*AlwaysHorizontal's ever quit witted comments on a frankly miserable wet field with tents and bikes in it, keeping the spirits up.

*MrK being made of the right stuff and keeping me going when i was ready to fail and bail.

*Crepes.

*Heathy calling Crepes French rubbish and eating a fry up.

Lows:

*Weather.

*Mud

*Bike damage from weather and mud.

*Head damage from weather and mud and bike and crashing.

*Getting lost on the way home and going to the M1 instead of teh M40 by mistake. :roll:

All in all, I shan't be rushing to do it again. Why can't they make these courses on land that irrigates and doesn't turn into a mudfest. 3.5hrs of walking a 50lb pile of mud and bolts round a few hills and fields in the dark isn't mountain biking or even particularly racing. Let's have one at Afan please.

Good to see Retro love there though and nice to meet new folks and have good camping neighbours.

Will put up a gallery tomorrow.

:D

Attachments

• Fish Finger Delicacy.jpg
    Fish Finger Delicacy.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,057

Interesting looking at those lap times - you can see the course deteriorating in the figures and then, in the magic MM way, coming back at us!

Tony's last lap was excellent - so much for Heathy cracking the hour! :)

Mr K - still making up the numbers!

48th out of 146 teams

That's not bad considering our slack approach.....ok time to start planning a serious assault for next year, top 30 only got 2 more laps than us...that's easily do-able :twisted:

The times confirm what I already knew.......myself and MrK got the s**t end of the stick with the conditions in the middle of the night as we scraped round in just under 3hrs per lap :roll:

'til next time :cool:

Re: .

mrkawasaki":aktpb21f said:
Interesting looking at those lap times - you can see the course deteriorating in the figures and then, in the magic MM way, coming back at us!

Tony's last lap was excellent - so much for Heathy cracking the hour! :)

Mr K - still making up the numbers!

Take off the time you spent getting to me at camp and me getting down to the start line = 7 mins ;)

Tsk...! We all had to do that - so it cancels out! Honestly - you boys are so competitive.... :LOL: :LOL: If you were that keen to crack the hour record you could have come down to the start line like AH did after your effort... but no, the Skipper was sat back at base with his brandy, cigars and Sunday Sport.... :roll: :LOL:

Mr K

Back