Jack Baguley

roadking":2miqo8ke said:
Looks a lot like my Youngs (of Lewisham) Marksman, 1960, 531 throughout and Nervex Professional lugs as Ned has mentioned.

There is a mention of Jack on Classic Lightweights, confirms the address and that it was a one roomed shop, but no mention of his frames.

The Stoke Newington location is usually associated with Paris. I've not heard of Baguley: suspect (again Ned might be right) frames were bought in from trade builder.

Nice frameset nonetheless.

Jon.

Just compared a picture of a Youngs Marksman and they are very similar!

ed_de_ball":1xrynhv0 said:
roadking":1xrynhv0 said:
Looks a lot like my Youngs (of Lewisham) Marksman, 1960, 531 throughout and Nervex Professional lugs as Ned has mentioned.

There is a mention of Jack on Classic Lightweights, confirms the address and that it was a one roomed shop, but no mention of his frames.

The Stoke Newington location is usually associated with Paris. I've not heard of Baguley: suspect (again Ned might be right) frames were bought in from trade builder.

Nice frameset nonetheless.

Jon.

Just compared a picture of a Youngs Marksman and they are very similar!

Here's my Marksman for comparison, I've shown the seatstay wrapover and brake bridge as they are different (I don't think yours is a Youngs, but a nice frame as mentioned).

For any Youngs fans out there in RBland my Marksman has the super rare headbadge.

Rk.

Attachments

• Headtube.jpg
    Headtube.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 488
  • Cluster.jpg
    Cluster.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 488
  • Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 488
  • Profile.jpg
    Profile.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 487
Re:

I am a new member and have just registered and found the threads about Jack Baguley I have been looking for one of his frames for many years and would pay good price for the example originally featured in the thread in 2011. My in laws owned the pet shop round the corner in Boleyn Road.

Back