cycle to work scheme stitch up! help required

Just don't give in. :twisted:

I ended up with exactly what I wanted on the scheme.

If you want more info drop me a line.

After talking to my boss, he says the organized cycle schemes are just a middleman to "help" companies to set up the scheme, any company can buy any bike from any UK registered Vat registered company - the cycle shop simply has to invoice the company for the purchases... and the accountants sort out the rest.

right my name is adam and i work for halfords... there i said it. i have over 20 years of cycle mechanics under my belt and two of the spotty oiks who i work with are level 3 cytech trained so it is unfair to brand over 450 stores by a few dodgy employee's. not all independent cycle shops are good but that does not sully peoples belief that they are ALL great. i went into one recently that shall remain nameless and was told that all bikes are crap unless they cost over £1000.
i am not saying that halfords are great but we do serve a purpose, in that we are trying to stop people buying bikes from tesco's or any other non cyclist shop. the fact that we sell more bikes than any other company in Britain is sure to piss people off. if you are worried about getting a bike from halfords get it in a box and then ask a local bike shop to build it for you (an service halfords offer for £10).

right i'm glad i got that off my chest.

Back