What frame is this?

grogee

Retro Guru
I took a punt on an eBay purchase local to me and collected it today. Unfortunately I didn't realise it has tubular tyres... so they'll be for sale, nowt special (Mavic GP4 on Omega hubs).

Anyway the frame doesn't have a manufacturer mark at all. Serial no AM2K025235

Big aluminium thing. Downtube is teardrop shaped in profile. Not sure if the polish swirls are OE or a customisation.

NB: There's no seat stay bridge and the headset is Kuwahara - I thought they were a BMX brand?

Any clues would be much appreciated. Thinking I might keep this and get the frame to a nice polish.

Attachments

• IMAG0190.jpg
    IMAG0190.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 737
  • IMAG0191.jpg
    IMAG0191.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 737
  • IMAG0192.jpg
    IMAG0192.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 737
  • IMAG0193.jpg
    IMAG0193.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 737
  • IMAG0194.jpg
    IMAG0194.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 737
  • IMAG0195.jpg
    IMAG0195.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 737
  • IMAG0196.jpg
    IMAG0196.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 737
Re:

Just a hunch but what makes you think it isn't a Coyote

coyote.jpg

The replaceable hanger is exactly the same shape as my Ambrosio Guido. Dropout shape/welding looks pretty similar as well.
I know you'll instantly make the connection with the AM in the serial number, however, mine is AF40702707 and is under the bottom bracket.

Re: Re:

oonaff":ngal17xo said:
hi what is the h bar stem in your photo please agent orange. :?:

You mena on my Coyote pic? Sadly not my bike. Search Google images for 'coyote road bike' and you'll see it, might be more info.

Re:

Thanks fellas. Coyote seems best match so far. Gonna get it gleaming and drape some nice bits on it...

Re:

When I said it was exactly like the Ambrosio, that's what I meant.
Call it what you will, but tell me these two back ends weren't built by the same robot.

Attachments

• Ambrosio_Guido.JPG
    Ambrosio_Guido.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 445
Re: Re:

oonaff":2r4x8d81 said:
hi what is the h bar stem in your photo please agent orange. :?:
The stem is a Deda something or other. I had one. Its quite an elegant stem, and while being a threadless fitting, doesn't have the modern functional appearance associated with most ahead stems. The single bolt attaching it to the fork is incorporated within the stem as opposed to being 2 lugged clamping bolts.

Back