UK Klunker

Built it up yesterday, rode it today looking forward to a trip to C-Y-B mid November, it may feature in a clothing company's photo shoot soon..gotta make the bikes earn their keep...

joe careless":28hnswj5 said:
Built it up yesterday, rode it today looking forward to a trip to C-Y-B mid November, it may feature in a clothing company's photo shoot soon..gotta make the bikes earn their keep...

Looking forward to the pics and hopefully a link to the new ad campaign.

Was shaping to bid but it was pulled from ebay after 48 hours or so :roll: - to the victor the spoils. Good that it's still around...

mrkawasaki":7rexr3qy said:
Was shaping to bid but it was pulled from ebay after 48 hours or so :roll: - to the victor the spoils. Good that it's still around...

Me too. Was also bit gutted but at least its in the RB family and may be shared around - one day ;)

I kinda think we should all keep a lot of these unicorns in the RB family. We have a duty to look after them carefully, then when we want a new toy, pass them on etc. That way we all tick off our bucket list. :cool:

Rode it today, blue and red trails at C y B. good fun hardwork at times really really really needs the rear drum sorting because apart from anything else it really wants to do skid turns and front brake stopping is not a pleasant feeling.

Good work. Interesting to hear first hand about all these performance issues that the early pioneers had to deal with, subsequently driving the development of better parts. Looking forward to a ride video sometime.

I do remember Si needing to correct the rear wheel alignment a few times, but he hammered it at GT, faster than most moderns on that night ride. It is a lovely bike in the flesh, annoyed I missed it.

I've sussed the rear wheel issue, distance bolts are fatter than the drop outs hence minimal wheelnut purchase on frame itself, half an hour of gently filing now all tight. Who says being sat in a workshop stuffed full of bikes and a lone can of beer on a Friday night ain't productive or a bit sad. :facepalm:

Back