1987 cannondale SM600

doctor-bond":1498x78f said:
Love it. Looks great. Are the bar and stem BMX-derived 22mm? If so, what bars did you use?

Reason I ask is I've got hold of a fine nitto golf-club stem for an 1985 build and I'm in two minds whether or no to go with 22mm motorbike bars or get it machined to 25.4.

If you want risers, the original Answer Alumi-lite DH bars were 22, with a shim, so can be fitted into such a stem.

I might even have a set if you're interested....

Si F

Beautifull and fine work ! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Quite a time machine !!!

How does it ride ?

For the bar, it was aluminum or steel ?
A lot of mtb riser bar 22mm steel riser bar were steel made. Aluminum needed a more big diameter. But your solution is a good idea ;)

For me, 2 things would be better : the seatpost (an old kalloy or an SR…) and the pedals : old BMX design "suntour XCII" with cage… Hard to find and expensive… But you can find similar product with the wellgo LU-393 (there)… Not the same quality than suntour, but better than the plastic models.

Thanks again for the kind words. I will report back on how it rides ie it ever stops raining!
Mr Pounces- i have been trying to find a better solution for the pedals but will try and finish off with the original MKS Grafights for originallity. Seatpost is a Kalloy one! I got a NOS hite rite for the post this week as fitted to the top line 'dales at the time- a nice period mod.
Si

Latest posts

Back