My First Project.... 1993 Orange Prestige

Wow!! What a first project!

Looks fantastic, I'm sure whoever got it off of you is enjoying it still.

So where is this bike now? Did another Retrobike member buy it?
I love these frames

jimo746":lcoxl69n said:
So where is this bike now? Did another Retrobike member buy it?
I love these frames

I sold it to a lady who was looking for a small lightweight steel frame, I recall she fitted a rockshox Sid fork with a 1" ahead steerer and did a bit of racing on it. That was 5 years ago, I've not had contact with her since so I don't know where it is now and she wasn't a member on here either.... At least it still got put to good use after 17 years though ey? ;)

Sean

Re:

Hopefully it's still being used, beautiful looking bike, will keep my eye out for a 19 inch frame one :mrgreen:

Re:

Nice looking bike trebz, but am looking for a prestige in purple and grey, (which I should of said) I have my component s at the ready, USE purple seatpost, stalk stem and Orange hot rod bars in purple. But thanks for letting me know, much appreciated, I do like a black bike, as I have a 1992 and 1993 clockworks in black,but want a coloured steed now for my collection of Orange. Am sure you will get a good price for it if you decide to sell, so much rarer than the clockwork. :D

That's ok my good man. No pressure obviously :)

I still wince and give a sharp intake of breath when I pick it up though, they are ridiculously light.

Cracking bikes.

Re: Re:

Cheshire1980":cy0utrig said:
Hopefully it's still being used, beautiful looking bike, will keep my eye out for a 19 inch frame one :mrgreen:

id be interested to find out, not that I'm likely to. i wasnt getting much use out of the bike cus i favoured my jump bike at the time, so id be happy even if someone got just one last season of use and enjoyment out of the orange before retiring it.

im yet to see any of my old bikes reappear on the forum but im certain id recognise this one, for starters the new paint was a different shade than the original, the silver originally had a hint of gold if i remember, and the purple was also lighter than the original but not that you wold notice

sean

Re:

+1 on the weight comment

i think it was tange ultimate superlight tubed, it had the diamond shaped sticker on the down tube. very light but i remember thinking the tubing was quite thin.

Re:

No your quite right regarding the tubing being thin, which in turn made them beautifully light and very performance driven, but a lot less robust to the clockwork and were much more likely to get damaged or written off unfortunately. Smashing looking bike tho :)

Back