Who's actually going to SITS then? *PICS NOW ACTUALLY ADDED*

Hello guys

just poped in as I never had the chance to say bye bye, nice to meet you and it was a great bbq on Friday, sorry but I can't remember all your names but cheers Heathy, Kev & Gus.

i'll look out for you again next time.

The mosquito man Col ;)

Hi Colin

How did your 3 man team do in the end? I hope you all enjoyed it!

We were really rather jealous of your mosquito net gazebo once the little b**tards started biting ;)

Get yourself an old bike and join us on a Retroride!

Kev

Hi Colin, was good to meet you, glad you remembered our site :D
As Kev said you should get a old bike and join in the fun ;)

Ive just got to say a big " big up" to my team for there efforts over this weekend, it could have been so easy to say " Sod this i'm beat" given the conditions. It was a mud fest from lap 1 to the end, with it getting even worse in the middle :cry: MM 07 had nothing on this :roll:

Ps, i would post some pics but nothing seems to work, Neil what's happening :?: I have it set on small 160x120 and image size small 1504x1000 HELP :!:

Hey Guys, fun wasn't it?

As Kev said you should get a old bike and join in the fun

hmm, may just have to look into it!

How did your 3 man team do in the end?

well by 0710 on Sunday it was down to a 1 man team, both the others had crashed out during the night and that left it to me, so I did another lap and then waited until 1230 for the glory lap and shake Pat's hand, the last lap had the best conditions but I made it last an hour and a half!!

I will have to check the results as I didn't bother yesterday 'cos of the way it went.

Ive just got to say a big " big up" to my team for there efforts over this weekend, it could have been so easy to say " Sod this i'm beat" given the conditions. It was a mud fest from lap 1 to the end, with it getting even worse in the middle MM 07 had nothing on this

For those of you that weren't there..........mud fest :twisted:

By the end of that lap the general concensus was that my bike weighed over 40lb :shock:

I'm now off to buy some extreme mud tyres in the vain hope that Murphy's law will prevail and it'll be dry and dusty next year :LOL:

Attachments

• SITS2.jpg
    SITS2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,118
  • SITS1.jpg
    SITS1.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 1,118
Snap happy

Mr K's SiTS photos available here...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=46699

Highs

Teamwork
Commitment
DBR fetishists club
Light lending
The pipeline hyenas
Retrolovers
Waiting in the trees for Kev to come through (2am)
Last lap (being rideable)
Finishing

Lows

Field of fish smells
Precipitation
Gus' ruses to keep on stopping
Lethal rootage
Having to sleep on the journey home
Circus bicycles ;-)

Mr K

Right i'm home properly now and can now add my few reflections of the weekend.

1. The Retrobike crew once again proved to be chilled/funny/friendly & highly supportive.

2. Taking the circus bike proved to be a near stroke of genius which would have been bettered only if in my box of 20 odd tyres i'd added a pair of cyclocross tyres.

3. The rain and my user name shared a lot in common.

4. Running/riding the first and last lap sucks.

5. Running/riding the first and last lap rocks.

6. Wu-T's ability to complete a lap on the Stumpy with fat tyres but then crash on his head when riding the modern bike with proper skinny mud tyres.

7. Doing the last lap climb to see some weird hippy dude randomly located in the long grass playing bongo drums to no-one in particular.

8. No-one really complaining (maybe excluding me) about the at times hideous track conditions.

9. Him upstairs not cursing us with any mechanicals throughout the whole event.

10. Sign me up for next year!!

Latest posts

Back