British build full bike?

ABC

Dirt Disciple
Hi

I have just finished my goat, and I am starting to think about my next project next year. I want to do a full British build, built around either a clockwork/Lloyd/Alves or pace frame, with pace forks :D

However, is it possible to do a full British build, and I mean everything :? , I know pace, middleburn and hope can get me a lot of components, but what about saddle, tyres, mechs V/cant brakes.

Is it possible?

Cheers
Glen

In short - No.
Rims (X-lite phatso?), tyres, mechs, chain are all sticking points.
But in any case its a bit of a moot point because a lot of stuff branded British is rarely manufactured in the UK.

maybe european build? retro sachs mechs etc? vredestein tyres? mavic/campag/ambrosio rims?

back off brussels!!! to quote al murray! :LOL:

Single speed? possibly? has no one badged up tyres and rims?

I have:
RC200 frame
RC30 fork
RC45 stem
RC130 bar
Pace Hubs (front and rear)
Pace chainrings
USE seatpost
X-Lite saddle
X-Lite chicken stix brake levers
X-lite bolts where I have found them
X-lite skewers
Zoobits brakes

So, I'm "missing"
Rims
Cranks
Mechs
Headset
Shifters
Tyres / Tubes
Pedals

I'm not trying to build a totally British bike, just where possible within reason. I looked at getting it red, white (silver) and blue but the colours didn't quite look right so I went back to red on silver frame.

I think in the end I'll end up with XT for the gears, unless I accidentally end up with M900 kit!

you could look across to france for some of the rest, i thought of how i could do that when i was a youth, but stuck on similar parts, france for mavic for rims and headset, and mechs maybe

Naw ,go for good ol british engineering

pace frame ,pace forks ,hope hubs and discs
dont know about the other bits ,
you may get stuck there

We have a michelin factory in Dundee ... so you could go for that dubious link:)

Goldtec (I think they are they british) for freehub
Xlite for saddle brakes stem and Shifter pod mounts
Don't for get Royce BBs they made lovely stuff.
L+M chainrings and cranks (and middle burn)
Venhill cables.
Hope brakes and Headset.

Sturmey Archer gears?

What about Dunlop - did they ever do a MTB tyre?

Back